Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:43:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Milkshape Grid  (Read 3030 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:17:12 am »

Could someone please inform me what I can do to make objects placed on the Milkshape grid to be automatically adjusted to fit inside the Game grid? I'm working with some fake houses and buildings and when I place them correctly in Milkshape, they are completely displaced when I test them in game. If I go back to Milkshape to correct it, it becomes even worse. Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:26 am »

Which object did you clone it from?

Remember that the middle point of the grid in Milkshape is the same as the middle of the grid/tile ingame. If you're using an object with 3 tiles, you have to think from the middle grid/tile, I think.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:20 am »

I got the mesh from an object that originally was a hood decoration. The person that created the objects stated that they are the same size of a normal building. When I clone something, I want it to have lod90, so I use the Venus Sculpture as base. I exported the venus sculpture to see how it is seen in Milkshape and the base of the statue that originally occupies only one tile, appears in Milkshape in the middle of 4 tiles. I made a test to see how I could manage to place my building that is two small houses together with a round tower and came out with the conclusion that the Milkshape grid is in fact double as big as the game grid. When I place the building in the middle of the MS grid, it shows up correctly in the game. I wonder if it is possible to change some default so that both grids match each other. The way it is, it is sort of "guess what".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: