Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:25:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you still play and enjoy or use Sims 2!  (Voting closed: February 23, 2011, 10:35:02 pm)
Yes - 38 (92.7%)
No - 3 (7.3%)
Never Played it! - 0 (0%)
I choose not to say! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still play and enjoy Sims 2!  (Read 42506 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

I do, in fact, still play Sims 2.

I own Sims 3, I got it when it came out, played in CAS a bit, tried to build a house and failed, HATED the graphics, then I figured out how to get custom content in sims 2 and I don't think I'll take another look at sims 3. Maybe later, if they fix ALL the bugs. I could barely get into a lot before it'd crash my computer. Though, *cough* that was a computer that is about seven years old, so.. I dunno. I'm not sure I want it on my new laptop, if it does actually have the spyware like the people on MATY says it does...

Excuse my ramblings.

Yes, I still play Sims 2.

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Navetsea

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 11:30:46 am »

funnily all these years I rarely play both TS2 or TS3,
the moment I decided to come back doing something for TheSims, I open my photoshop and download nvidiaDDS plugins to make skinset for TS3, then install TS2 only to make another skin in bodyshop
those are my real pleasure, not really for gaming, only a platform to channel my skin texturing hobby.  Cheesy

the adult version of my skin are hosted here
the MTS version are also available at my pagethere
the insimadult version also available at warlokk's guest add-on skintonesthere
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »

Heck yeah, I play Sims 2. I've played it since 2006 (yes ... I'm a bit of a latecomer), and except for blocks of months here or there when my video cards went flaky or when real life simply took over (it does have a nasty habit of doing that), I've been playing it pretty consistently. I have only up to Seasons (I didn't want to deal with Securom, didn't want to even reward EA Games for inserting Securom by buying any EPs after Seasons in the first place, and really don't want to do anything illegal). The amazing creations for this game, even now, continue to make the game fresh for me. There might not be quite as many, and many original creators have indeed retired, and that is sad. But I am fascinated at what newer creators have devised.

Now I admit to sinning just a little. I still don't have the faintest idea whether or not the problems my video card allegedly had with the base Sims 3 game were ever resolved, and I have no desire to pay even $20 to find out. That is still $20 too much for a coaster! But I did want to get a taste of Sims 3, so I bought a console version. Surprisingly, I noticed several of the good and bad aspects people mentioned here about the original PC Sims 3 base game ... the rabbit holes, the pudding faces, the moodlets, the vivid colors (definitely a different palate from Sims 2, but that is not a bad thing), etc.

Sims 3 is not without its charm. It's a nice game. I play it sometimes. It's not quite the horrible game I thought it was. But while playing it, I still keep wondering what could have been if the creators took this game further. If they had given it a more time and tested more thoroughly, I think this game might have blown Sims 2 right out of the water. Those who caution not to think of Sims 3 as an expansion upon Sims 2 are right. It isn't.  And for every hour I play Sims 3, I play ten hours of Sims 2.

I think what Sims 3 has done is to actually split the Sims community into three groups; devoted Sims 3 players, devoted Sims 2 players, and those who really like both games. Well, four groups, perhaps ... there still is a group devoted to Sims 1, though they seem rather small now. (I play that too, sometimes, and can see the charm with that as well. Smiley) Perhaps EA expected all of us to rush over and fight each other to get the new Sims shiny, abandoning Sims 1 and 2. I'm not getting the impression that actually happened. I would still really, really like to see the Sims 2 sales figures compared with Sims 3. I think that would tell the story best.

Sims 4 might, indeed, be the one that will put Sims 2 to shame, and make people think, "Sims 3? What's that?" But who knows if there will be a Sims 4 for a long time?
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51:54 pm »

I love sims 2!  Cheesy
I play it a lot because I am always getting new ideas for sims and such.
But I do not plan on ever playing sims 3, even if I do get bored of 2.

I play TS2 most every day, and I skip a few days when I am bored. Lately I am really into animes such as Kekkaishi and Fullmetal Alchemist, so I have been creating stuff for my beautiful anime sims. ^_^

gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 07:36:52 pm »

Hmmm ... I've seen some stuff for FMA (pretty much Ed, but I've seen downloads for other characters ... most of these are older downloads, though, and with the wonderful new meshes and techniques that have come out since those early efforts, you could probably make some interesting FMA Sims!), but I haven't seen anything for Kekkaishi. I hope you can show us a picture, and perhaps even provide a download, sometime into the future
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

Hmmm ... I've seen some stuff for FMA (pretty much Ed, but I've seen downloads for other characters ... most of these are older downloads, though, and with the wonderful new meshes and techniques that have come out since those early efforts, you could probably make some interesting FMA Sims!), but I haven't seen anything for Kekkaishi. I hope you can show us a picture, and perhaps even provide a download, sometime into the future

I might try uploading some of the stuff I made, but I don't know if they are worthy of download. x] I've even made careers and college majors for them!
I'll make a thread that has pictures of them!

Punx

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »

Yes.

Never liked Sims 3 Tongue

Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 08:29:51 pm »

Yes,I adore the sims 2 like I did when I first played it ha. I don't care for the sims 3,and don't plan on playing it any time in the future..while the sims 3 is a little more unique,I still geek around on the sims 2. I play it every few days..and stay up for hours spending time on it.  Embarrassed

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:19 pm »

I loved TS2 ever since it was on console. I think the fisrt ts2 game I played was Sims 2 for Xbox.

Amira

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 03:31:15 am »

My little brother has the sims 3. I played while I was visiting in Texas. Now I bought a new desktop and installed my sims 2 game. It was an emotional reunion for me Tee Hee . I'm going to buy the last two EP's soon.

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »

I tried to play TS3, but couldn't get into it Cry I don't really care for it to be honest. My husband however is a faithful TS3 player (every morning at 4am) he's up. The only thing I like about TS3 is the story progression, other than that I'm sticking with TS2 Rock

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 10:43:56 am »

My husband however is a faithful TS3 player (every morning at 4am)

Haha, sounds like what I do with TS2.

Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 05:36:00 pm »

Yep, I play until I can't play no more...LOL. Although I've realized that the sims 2 can get a little boring...so I plan on not playing for a few weeks,then going back to it,it always works. Smiley

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »

I do that sometimes. My tastes change all the time, so I will be like "Eh, boooring." and then be into something else for... three days... xD
And then go back to playing sims.

LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:01 pm »

I always get the urge to play after I have played only to be bored. And the sad thing is, in order for me to play the game I have to switch hard drives. Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:30:01 am by LVishere » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: