Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:32:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you still play and enjoy or use Sims 2!  (Voting closed: February 23, 2011, 10:35:02 pm)
Yes - 38 (92.7%)
No - 3 (7.3%)
Never Played it! - 0 (0%)
I choose not to say! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still play and enjoy Sims 2!  (Read 42084 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:02 pm »

(if you are reading this, Please vote the poll!)  
I'm wondering what is happening to Sims 2.  Lots of people don't care for Sims 3.  Modders say Sims 3 doesn't give them the opportunity to create like Sims 2 does.  There has been some great stuff created recently for Sims 2 (BBv2 & LBBv2), but with many of the best modders retiring and significant drop-off in new things being created I'm wondering if people aren't actually playing.  There are over 49,000 member to this site.  But people rarely quit a site, they just stop going to it.  So, I'd like to know how many of the 49,000 members still play or use Sims 2 (in any way,i.e. stories ...)!  And if that is a significant number, I hope the modders see it as an opportunity to still create to a large audiance!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:38:11 am by Diggrdude » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:50 pm »

Moved to the Sims 2 discussion section.

And yes, I still play sims 2. I don't have much time, any more, because I am (once again) gainfully employed, but I still play.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:56:54 pm »

Oh, there are still a lot of people who play the game-but this isn't the only forum they go to, either. The creators that are still producing things for Sims 2 are plentiful.
I'd say that Sims 3, after all this time, has really not made that much of a dent into the Sims 2 crowd, and in fact, has increased it because a lot of players are giving up on it and going back to the old game due to numerous issues. There are a lot of Sims 2 players who refused to buy Sims 3 outright.
Oh, I do still play, too, regularly-and my downloads folder is groaning.

Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:03:45 pm »

Moved to the Sims 2 discussion section.

And yes, I still play sims 2. I don't have much time, any more, because I am (once again) gainfully employed, but I still play.

Cool - moving the poll is fine!  Congratulations on the new Job, much success!

Oh, there are still a lot of people who play the game-but this isn't the only forum they go to, either. The creators that are still producing things for Sims 2 are plentiful.
I'd say that Sims 3, after all this time, has really not made that much of a dent into the Sims 2 crowd, and in fact, has increased it because a lot of players are giving up on it and going back to the old game due to numerous issues. There are a lot of Sims 2 players who refused to buy Sims 3 outright.
Oh, I do still play, too, regularly-and my downloads folder is groaning.

I agree with your comments Mary H!  I think that Sims 3 should be creating a resurgence in Sims2.  There is a lot of great stuff being created and still some great modders creating, but there are also a lot of high-level modders retiring and maybe people should see how many people are still playing!

*Admin note: Please do not reply to yourself within a 24 hour period; use the modify button to edit your post instead*

Okay, understood!  And Thanks Caffeinated Joy and MaryH for your comments and participating in the poll!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:35:56 am by Diggrdude » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:59:03 am »

Haven't played TS2 much lately, but I have done a few photoshoots for creations. So I guess you could say I'm still playing TS2. It's kind of become "serious" for me, as I use it for my story.

I do play TS3 sometimes, but mostly "for fun" (like I used to do with TS2 the first few years). I don't have any CC for it yet, and I haven't played it more than once since I moved. Don't have much time for fun playing any more, so I concentrate on TS2. I still can't see myself using TS3 for stories, though. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45:22 am »

Haven't played TS2 much lately, but I have done a few photoshoots for creations. So I guess you could say I'm still playing TS2. It's kind of become "serious" for me, as I use it for my story.

I do play TS3 sometimes, but mostly "for fun" (like I used to do with TS2 the first few years). I don't have any CC for it yet, and I haven't played it more than once since I moved. Don't have much time for fun playing any more, so I concentrate on TS2. I still can't see myself using TS3 for stories, though.  

Thanks for your comments Theraven, I appreciate knowing how you use both!  I think using TS2 for you story as you described does count and indicates it is your preferred ... platform.  Very Cool!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:26:40 am by Diggrdude » Logged
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36:21 pm »

(if you are reading this, Please vote the poll!)  
I'm wondering what is happening to Sims 2.  Lots of people don't care for Sims 3.  Modders say Sims 3 doesn't give them the opportunity to create like Sims 2 does.  There has been some great stuff created recently for Sims 2 (BBv2 & LBBv2), but with many of the best modders retiring and significant drop-off in new things being created I'm wondering if people aren't actually playing.  There are over 49,000 member to this site.  But people rarely quit a site, they just stop going to it.  So, I'd like to know how many of the 49,000 members still play or use Sims 2 (in any way,i.e. stories ...)!  And if that is a significant number, I hope the modders see it as an opportunity to still create to a large audiance!

I decided that Yes or No may not be appropriate for everyone, so I've updated the poll with two additional options!
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:25:42 am »

I still play my sims2, pretty devoutly.  Building new lots never becomes old to me, neither does offerring free makeovers to the neighborhood npc's.  Take that dopplegangers, now I can tell them apart lol. 

As for a noticeable decrease in creations, I wouldn't go so far as say there is a decrease, more of a "what haven't we created yet factor".  I can skip around new and old sims2 sites and still find stuff thats new to me, even if it was created back in '08. 

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:16:54 am »

I play Sims 2, I'm even still collecting (slowly) the EPs for it. I build lots (houses, Community & Holiday), I play with my Simmies (occasionally) but I don't do the story thing. I used, but I have more important fish to fry at the moment haha. Job seeking being one of them,

I'm not ever going to go over to Sims 3...if they bring out a Sims 4....well....we'll see what they've done with it by then...
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 09:18:54 am »

I still play my sims2, pretty devoutly.  Building new lots never becomes old to me, neither does offerring free makeovers to the neighborhood npc's.  Take that dopplegangers, now I can tell them apart lol.  

As for a noticeable decrease in creations, I wouldn't go so far as say there is a decrease, more of a "what haven't we created yet factor".  I can skip around new and old sims2 sites and still find stuff thats new to me, even if it was created back in '08.  

Thanks for sharing your HappyThoughts, and taking the poll (I hope)!  I'm a builder too, sometimes I build for several sessions!  Then I can't wait to put some sims in the lots to see what their enviromental responce will be to what I've created.  I too find myself collecting some of the older CC.  I guess I miss the works of certain modder that have retired.  I love the body builder series and there is a big drop in outfits being created for them and the new v2 versions.  And yes, makeover interventions are a must!  Seems like my game is getting the gist of my sense of beauty; I'm seeing less odd looking NPCs.  But maybe I've given most them "walk-by" makeovers and don't remember; cause it doesn't matter who they are If I see them as odd looking I gotta try and fix them!    
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:39:29 am by Diggrdude » Logged
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 09:26:09 am »

I play Sims 2, I'm even still collecting (slowly) the EPs for it. I build lots (houses, Community & Holiday), I play with my Simmies (occasionally) but I don't do the story thing. I used, but I have more important fish to fry at the moment haha. Job seeking being one of them,

I'm not ever going to go over to Sims 3...if they bring out a Sims 4....well....we'll see what they've done with it by then...

Thanks ladyrose!  I agree, I'm hoping that Sim 4 will be the best of TS2 & TS3 (which I have not purchased or played yet).  TS3 has a lot of potential, but the one skin limitaion and limited families in a town are show stoppers for me!  Good luck finding the job you desire!  
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:51 am »

Yes i still play the sims 2. i do like the sims 3 but i play the sims 2 more. i have all the expansion pack's and stuff pack's and i am learning to do new things. lately i have been re colouring objects and i love it. i love building too.

neff xx

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:55 pm »

Of course! When I got my new laptop, the first thing I did was buy all the sims 2 disks I was missing and haven't played the sims 3 ever since

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
saathei

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »

I don't know if I've ever actually posted here, or just lurked to download stuff.

But yes, I play the Sims 2. And I rely heavily, if not exclusively, on custom content. I like recreating my World of Warcraft characters, my D&D characters, and other fantasy and medieval stuff. I've tried making my own meshes and recolors, but I'm really kind of artistically sucky.  Embarrassed So having a community of modders is a huge deal for me! You help me tell my stories!

I'm never going to buy the Sims 3. It has too many drawbacks for me.

Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 09:34:05 pm »

Yes i still play the sims 2. i do like the sims 3 but i play the sims 2 more. i have all the expansion pack's and stuff pack's and i am learning to do new things. lately i have been re colouring objects and i love it. i love building too.

neff xx

Thank you for your comments nefertiti781!  I think it cool that you like both games, but glad you like TS2 more, very cool!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: