Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:25:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you still play and enjoy or use Sims 2!  (Voting closed: February 23, 2011, 10:35:02 pm)
Yes - 38 (92.7%)
No - 3 (7.3%)
Never Played it! - 0 (0%)
I choose not to say! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still play and enjoy Sims 2!  (Read 42086 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

Of course! When I got my new laptop, the first thing I did was buy all the sims 2 disks I was missing and haven't played the sims 3 ever since

Great to here Aquarius!  Thanks for your comments!

I don't know if I've ever actually posted here, or just lurked to download stuff.

But yes, I play the Sims 2. And I rely heavily, if not exclusively, on custom content. I like recreating my World of Warcraft characters, my D&D characters, and other fantasy and medieval stuff. I've tried making my own meshes and recolors, but I'm really kind of artistically sucky.  Embarrassed So having a community of modders is a huge deal for me! You help me tell my stories!

I'm never going to buy the Sims 3. It has too many drawbacks for me.

Very cool if you first post was in responce to this poll saathei!  Wow, you really seem to get a lot out of the game, right on!  It's great that you get to tell your stories with it! 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:40:24 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »

For the second time, please do not reply to yourself within a 24 hour period. Use the modify button to edit your post, instead.

Since this is something you have already acknowledged having been asked once already, I am giving you a warning. I don't want to lock this thread, so please take this to heart.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Osaga12
Loot Looker

It's that time again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 02:16:11 am »

I haven't played The Sims 2 in a long time. I occasionally still play the Sims 3 but I'm starting to lose interest.

There is no duty we undderate so much as the duty of being happy. - Robert L.S
Diggrdude
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 12:25:58 am »

caffeinated.joy, I guess I don't understand reply to myself, I thought I was replying to the indivisual messages being left!  Thanks
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 12:43:24 am »

It's really not hard, Dggrdude. If you were the last person to reply in a thread and less than 24 hours has passed, then use the modify button to edit your post instead of using the reply button.

See? Simple.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:49:52 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 06:46:02 am »

I am a late comer to Simming (Nov, 2009). I am still in love with the Sims 2 and having a blast.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 11:20:58 am »

Yes I still Play The Sims2, and have been Since it was first released.

Then I got sucked in buying the Sims3, Big Mistake that was!!.

I took a long break for quite a few months, and started Creating foods and re Colours for sims2 for my own Personal use.

I have all EP's except Pets, and Most of the SP'S.

I would Have to say I get more enjoyment playing Sims2, When ever I get a chance.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 02:24:45 pm »

me in my case i can say that i no longer play the sims2 as i have found that the sims3 have better graphics and gives me the chance to make my own recolors as well Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
dreadwolf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »

yes i play every day

Ride it like you stole it
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 03:51:45 pm »

I'm playing sims 3 at the moment. Just got Late Night (found it cheap), and it's kind of fun. Turned one in the family to a vampire on the first sim day (and just so it's said - vamps are actually funnier to play in TS3 than 2) Cheesy

Though, I did some bodyshop stuff for 2 earlier today, and had a little downloading raid yesterday, I think...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

I play both when I find the time.  I've found that sims 3 has some interesting things to discover and having limited time it's taking me longer to uncover those surprises than other folks. Overall though most of my free game time is spent on TS2.

Sims by Dasi:

Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »

I still play and enjoy it.  I find myself very focused on getting Sims to the top of their careers.  Despite having all the EP's up through Bon Voyage, I have not yet had a Sim open a business, become a vampire/werewolf/zombie, have never made a plantsim or taken a vacation.  I still have a lot to experience in the Sims 2.  No way I'm ready for Sims 3 yet.

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 01:13:15 am »

@Pierre, please use proper capital letters and personal pronouns. I'm also going to remind you to use proper punctuation. I do this because while I KNOW you are ESL, you've been flitting around this site long enough to have picked up how things are done and why we ask this of each and every user we have. It is so that communication stays fluid and understandable by all users, native speakers of the language or not. Proper usage promotes clear ideas and diminishes misunderstandings between those trying to share or distribute information. Thank you very much for trying harder in the future.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »

The thing I realy liked with Sims3 was World Adventures.The other EPs are lame,so I played Sims2 today and enjoyed it a lot.The language is beautyfull,there is a lot to do,the sims are adorable,there is a sense of humour,I love the game.
Haven't played sims3 for months.I find it boring.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:24 pm »

I am going to admit I have sinned: I tried TS3. Actually, I don't believe I did it, but I bought it along with 3 EPs. TS3 has some good things regarding building and decorating, but it lacks "soul" and "character", and I find the general game-play annoying, irritating and horrible. In short, I am still playing TS2 and have a blash. It might be that I am attached to my own Sims and their stories, but I do think TS2 is a great game, and Sims' animations -the animations I have watched one million times before- always look new when performed by a different Sim. And always make me laugh to tears.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: