Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:32:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you still play and enjoy or use Sims 2!  (Voting closed: February 23, 2011, 10:35:02 pm)
Yes - 38 (92.7%)
No - 3 (7.3%)
Never Played it! - 0 (0%)
I choose not to say! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still play and enjoy Sims 2!  (Read 42093 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »

Hi, Diggerdude.

I think you'll be glad to know that I play Sims 2 exclusively! I love the game and am always discovering new things about it all the time, even after literally *years* of playing it.

I also have all the EPs which sure expands it's playability a lot.

I'm glad you're discovering recoloring. I do recolors, myself, and love it. It's a great way to add special items to my game.

I also do Sims 2 Graphic Novels (rather like comic books) and I often find I have need of a recolor of this or that so it's great to know how to do that.

So, are you using Body Shop Mechanic or SimPE?

I use both and love em! Great programs and I wouldn't play the Sims 2 without 'em!

Also, do you know about Neighborhood Copy? (A way of copying modified neighborhoods from SC4 into your game so you can change road layouts on neighborhoods you already have.)

There's also Height Calculator (Which will give you the stretchskeleton numbers you need to make a Sim the exact height you want them to be in the game.)

And Lot Adjuster (for changing already existing lot sizes larger or smaller one side at a time or all sides at once.)

I better stop now before I end up creating a thread of my own out of this one post! LOL!!

Hey, glad to meet another avid die-hard Sims 2 player. Cheesy
Loonie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 03:54:46 am »

Hi,
well, I got sims3 as a present from my daughter, tried to load it but got some stupid error. Than loaded it on her laptop, which worked. Tried to build some houses, struggled to get them just right. Created a sim and played a little bit, but the next time I locked in, he had a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This I found so not funny, I decided to leave the game.
Now with all the custom content of sims 2 and the really fantastic new body-shapes etc, I am a total sims 2 addict. Don't even ask how large my downloads folder is. I only have a very small hard drive, so once again my daughter (Bless her)  :Dgave me an external huge hard drive and after some searching on net about how to play from that drive and copying of files onto it, I am back and playing happily ever after sims 2.

How does neighborhood copy work?
I sometimes would love to change the road layout.
at the moment I am only changing the terrains a bit.
Havn't figured out how to use simPE.I do know now how to change skintones and am absolutely thrilled by it's possibilities.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:00:30 am by Loonie » Logged
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 06:03:09 pm »

Hi,
well, I got sims3 as a present from my daughter, tried to load it but got some stupid error. Than loaded it on her laptop, which worked. Tried to build some houses, struggled to get them just right. Created a sim and played a little bit, but the next time I locked in, he had a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This I found so not funny, I decided to leave the game.
Now with all the custom content of sims 2 and the really fantastic new body-shapes etc, I am a total sims 2 addict. Don't even ask how large my downloads folder is. I only have a very small hard drive, so once again my daughter (Bless her)  :Dgave me an external huge hard drive and after some searching on net about how to play from that drive and copying of files onto it, I am back and playing happily ever after sims 2.

How does neighborhood copy work?
I sometimes would love to change the road layout.
at the moment I am only changing the terrains a bit.
Havn't figured out how to use simPE.I do know now how to change skintones and am absolutely thrilled by it's possibilities.

To use Neighborhood Copy you need Sim City 4.

You copy your chosen SC4 terrain from your Sims 2 SC4 terrain folder into the SC4 downloads folder then open SC4 (Sim City 4).

You use the sc4 terrain in your sc4 downloads folder to create a new city (the one you just copied) then, once it's open, use Mayor Mode to add, remove or change roads in that neighborhood.

Once you're satisfied save and exit SC4.
Now, copy your changed neighborhood back into your Sims 2 sc4Terrains folder.

It'll have a different name. It'll say City - Whateveryounamedit.sc4

Rename it, removing the "City" - part of the name

As an example: I wanted to change some roads in my Queefton neighborhood so I copied the Queefton neighborhood into my SC4 Downloads folder, opened it in SC4, edited it then saved it.

After I was done I put it back in the Sims 2 SC4Terrians folder like I said but I changed the name to Queeftemp (as in Queefton Temporary) so I wouldn't get it confused with my regular Queefton SC4 neighborhood file.

I then reopned Sims 2, created a new neighborhood called Queeftemp using the modified SC4 file I'd just created.

After the game created the new neighborhood I closed Sims 2 and, after it unloaded, opened Neighborhood Copy.

In that program there's two items: "Copy From" And "Copy To"

I selected the Queeftemp.sc4 neighborhood in "Copy From" and then selected Queefton in the "Copy To" window then I unchecked all the necessary boxes so that only the roads were changed, clicked the okay button and that was it!

The next time I opened my Queefton neighborhood the roads were changed just the way I wanted them.

I know it sounds complicated but it's actually a lot easier than this description.

Anyway, I hope that answers your question.
Loonie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2011, 05:02:19 am »

Hi there,
since sim city4 is one of the sims packs that I havn't got, I suppose I have to stick to what ever I can find
on the net. Fortunately there are plenty creators willing to share their terrains, thanks to all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock. Thanks for explaining, who knows, it might come in handy some time. Grin
Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 05:49:08 am »

I haven't played in a couple of months - been on a WoW kick - but I'm getting a little bored with WoW at the moment and missing my Sims.
Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »

Lol, Amalia, I'm kind of doing the same thing. I'm taking a break from the Sims,because I know almost every cheat,every aspect,every little detail,so obviously,the game can get boring. So what I do is I take a LONG break from the Sims,then play it again after a random amount of time..at least it works. Cheesy

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
WickedDiva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 01:31:30 am »

Well, kind of really. Trouble is, it takes too long to load in and by the time it's loaded, I'm already bored with it.

I only play it now for story purposes, however, not so long back I made a HUGE error in judgement, and tried to load in Sims 3 forgetting I'd already had Sims 2 disk in the drawer. Yep, a teeny tiny, but VERY effective crack developed. That put me off for a little while. Then I got a replacement but haven't played since.

Another reason why I don't play is because I had a great legacy going, you've probably seen it - Ambrose's Blog - and Riverblossom (the 'hood it was based in) decided for some reason to wipe out every single family in the entire 'hood. And that included the college campuses and the other sub hoods too. The lots were still intact but.... unoccupied. Still couldn't figure out why that happened but needless to say it put me off playing Sims completely.

I really must get back to playing, even for those pictures for my other stories.

check out my newest blog, http://soniasstorycorner.blogspot.com/
Fireside Tales
ldragon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 10:13:09 am »

After so many years i am still playing sims2, its great.
The only problem is that i played it only for 2 hours  ?  Grin
The rest is all creating new sims and outfits , just for personel use.
You can create almost everything but the problem is that most meshes, here and somewhere else are gone, so you have to start over again.
i hope in the near future i can begin playing the game  rolleyes tongue
iriskar

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »

Yes!!! Love this game YAY
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 03:44:09 am »

I haven't played Sims 2 in almost two years at this point, stupid college.  But I REALLY miss my sims and am really looking forward to getting my desktop computer back when I graduate, although I have no clue how it's going to get across country, let alone overseas, like I'm planning on doing...

But yeah, I really dislike Sims 3 and really wish I could just transfer my Sims 2 to my laptop, but it doesn't work that way  XD  (Mac laptop and PC desktop...)

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:19 am »

I haven't played Sims 2 in almost two years at this point, stupid college.  But I REALLY miss my sims and am really looking forward to getting my desktop computer back when I graduate, although I have no clue how it's going to get across country, let alone overseas, like I'm planning on doing...

But yeah, I really dislike Sims 3 and really wish I could just transfer my Sims 2 to my laptop, but it doesn't work that way  XD  (Mac laptop and PC desktop...)

Lol, darn college.
I dislike sims 3 as well. -_-
I dunno if I could go that long without sims. I would have to sneak home or something xD

runeon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 02:23:34 am »

Yes. And i still prefer it over sims 3.  Cheesy
Dyran
Too Cool For a Custom Title

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:22 pm »

Haha, I play it regularly, lol. Tongue

The cool thing about it is how there's so much endless possibilities for different aspects of gameplay, making it one of the more awesome games out there to this day. That said, at the moment, I only have two EP's, which makes me reel at how much more expansive the world of the Sims 2 could be when I have all of them, lol...rolleyes

But yeah, in truth, I really want the Sims 3 as well, to be honest; besides, I can never set an official opinion until I've tried both, right? Shocked

Either way, though, I'm still pretty sure both are equally as spectacular.

(And of course..! Let's not forget the very foundation of 'em all, The Sims, lol...Tongue)

Louise: "I'm thinking of a word that starts with 's' and ends with 'ex'."

Timothy: "Spandex?"
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 03:25:24 pm »

With all these new expansions, the Sims 3 is starting to become somewhat presentable. But I'm still sticking with sims 2

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Shedagurl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »

I almost cried three weeks ago when my video card died while I was playing Sims 2. I was near tears when after installing my new video card, I learned my sound card was fried, too. I figured out a way around that yesterday and did the Happy-Happy Joy-Joy dance when I got to the neighborhoods page, so yes, I still play the Sims 2.

My primary reason for not moving on to Sims 3 is the cost. Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: