Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:55:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aging in the Sims 2  (Read 6322 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:41:25 am »

Ok, I know that Sims age by days instead of our years, but the thing I want to ask is: When will you know when your Teen Sims turn 18? I've seen it on the InTeenimater site with the talk about 18 year old Sims. I was just wondering...I've always had adult Sims and I wanted to make sure my Kingdom Hearts Teenagers didn't make it to Adulthood (the last time I checked, Sora, Roxas, and Riku were all around or under 18-ish).

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:34:04 am »

I think that happens when it's 6 days left of their aging. Not entirely sure, but I seem to remember reading that when downloading Inteen the first time... Nothing really happens, though. and if you don't have any mods requiring the teen-age of 18, you won't notice a difference. I think one of the inteen add-ons will take away the 18 year thing (either the "NoAgeOfConsent" or "NoAdultTeens").

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:22:00 am »

Ah, thanks. (Going off-topic here...) I do have the Apartment Life version of InTeen, but not the actual EP itself but I read on the site that I should get the AL version if I have the Mansion & Garden SP. Before I go installing InTeen (and potentially screwing up all my data), let me ask you...which version do you think i should get?

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:12 am »

MG is (sort of) considered an EP (EP9), so I think the AL (EP8) version will be the correct one. Not sure, though. I've got both, using the AL inteen, and haven't tried with only MG. If you want a better answer, I suggest you read about it on Simbology.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 09:26:57 am »

Thanks again. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. So, because I don't have AL, where do I put the zzzInTeenimater_G package? It says in the AL folder, but idk what would be the correct one for me  huh

Upcoming Projects:
None

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 09:35:48 am »

Not sure. I htink it's best you ask over there...  Undecided

My site:

HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:54 am »

Okies. My best guess is that I stick in the most recently installed EP file (Fun with Pets Collection)...then again who knows.

Edit: on a side note, would it just be easier to get Woohoo Teens by Jenflower?

Upcoming Projects:
None

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 09:57:07 am »

Never tried it, so I don't know.

The collection packs tends to be a bit... moody. Which EPs are included in that pack? If you installed MG after, I'd suggest you use the AL version. But it's difficult to say without actually trying. If MG is included, it probably runs on something like the AL engine (can't say for sure, though).

I suggest you make a test family in an empty NBhood, and test both (base) versions without other CC than inteen. If it's the wrong version, you'll most definitely see quite a lot of bugginess, but at least it won't ruin some of your families or lots. If it's the correct version, it will work fine. When you put in your CC again, the correct version will work fine as long as you don't have conflicting mods.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:02:48 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:18:23 pm »

Well, after testing out Woohoo Teens (complete failure, the wants and fears were glitched with the mod installed and a few Sims lost some memories of moving in, meeting certain people, learning how to study, etc) and I've installed InTeenimater with complete success. To fix the wants/fears, I had to use the boolprop cheat to reset the CAS data and now everything works perfectly. To further test InTeen, I had Roxas woohoo with Sora, which did what it was supposed to. So yeah, Woohoo Teens was a waste of time, it bugged my game (thankfully I didn't have to re-install everything again...). I know you guys here at InSim don't condone or like to deal with InTeen, but my advice to those looking for a more realistic way of playing the Sims (as teens, you know we all had urges/thoughts of wanting to be with people that attracted your gaze *wink* jk ^_^) is to get InTeenimater. I'm running the Apartment Life version, which will also work if you have the Mansion and Garden Stuff pack (also included with the Fun with Pets Collection, which is what I have).

Upcoming Projects:
None

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: