Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:34:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Backing up Downloads  (Read 1253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2011, 02:47:36 pm »

Ok to make a long story short, I'm going to be getting my computer serviced. There is something really wrong with it and it is under warranty. However, I was told if I have anything of importance, I should make back-up discs of them.

Well to me, my sims 2 downloads are very important. I've spent hours on end just downloading cc for my game and I really don't want to have to re-download everything again. So I was wondering.. is there anyway I'm going to be able to put all my downloads onto discs to save them??

I've been google searching on how to do this, but all I can find is how to save the games themselves, not the downloads. If anybody knows of a tutorial or steps on how to do this, please share the information. It would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance to anybody that is able to help.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »

Copy your Downloads folder to a cd or flash drive. If you want to keep your entire game, make a copy of the Sims 2 folder located in Documents/EA Games (which will include your Downloads folder). It will take a while and, when it's done, you'll probably want to compress it (zip, rar or whatever) before putting it on a cd or flash drive, because it will probably be too large if you don't. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: