Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:31:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC not showing up  (Read 2249 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexi9803

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:58:22 am »

I have sims 3 World Adventures and it is not updated (it is now at 2.0.86) however im trying to update it and it is just taking forever. My custom content with the plum bob thing next to it show up in the game but ones in my mods/packages file do not. they are downloads like the jonha sliders and some hairstyles and jeans. I have the resource.cfg file but I heard somewhere that i might need a new one? Im not sure but I was just wondering if there is something im missing. Also, i have windows 7, and before windows xp and it worked on xp.
Thank you
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:01:38 pm »

From the looks of it, you may not have the resource.cfg file installed properly, and/or your base game isn't properly patched to make use of the new method for installing mods.

I have the resource.cfg file but I heard somewhere that i might need a new one? Im not sure but I was just wondering if there is something im missing. Also, i have windows 7, and before windows xp and it worked on xp.
Thank you

There was a patch released for the base game just before the launch of Ambitions that made using mods a lot simpler. You still need the resource.cfg file setup properly to make use of most things, however. If you want a simple method for getting the Framework installed so you can use mods, try Delphy's Framework Installer Tool. It'll set everything up for you.

For what it's worth: the current full versions are: 1.19.44.010017 for the base game, and World Adventures is 2.14.4.010017.

ETA: super edit to make things less confusing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:09:35 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: