Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:43:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Clothing to carry baby on the back  (Read 7299 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:54 am »

I don't know if anyone has done it before, but is it possible to create any kind of clothing for males and females that include a baby on the back? There are plenty of deco babies, I wonder if someone could create an outfit that simulate someone carrying a baby on the back like some folks use to do. I'm needing in fact also an outfit like this for elders (I want to replace the crap nanny for other purposes  Grin so I need that the baby is part of the outfit).
Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:40:22 am »

I think it's possible, and I've been playing with the thought of doing it as an accessory. Haven't gotten any further into it than the thought, however.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:10:52 am »

That honestly sounds awesome!
What about front carriers? Smiley

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:49:18 pm »

Thinking about how it would animate, I think it's easier and will look better on the back - but I'd probably also do a front fersion if I ever get as far as to start on this.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 09:44:22 pm »

This would be a phenonmenal addition to the game!

I just thought of a few more things... though they are un-realistic, if it could ever happen- a baby carseat (laying and/or sitting) with a deco baby? And stroller?
Not saying you should try- just something that would be cool.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »

That should be doable. I've been thinking about the car seat ever since before I modified the baby bouncer. I really want a "preemie" car seat, among other things, and with deco babies instead of "real ones", it's much easier for me to do. I'll think about it Smiley

I actually found a "working" baby carriage (crib, really), by Marilu at TSR. Not optimal, but much better than most of the others I've found, as it has a pillow and a duvet.

My site:

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 02:59:17 am »

Well, back to the first post, I was thinking about there are backpack clothing, isn't it possible to replace the backpack for babypack?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 07:23:45 am »

As an accessory, you could have the same mesh files working for teens, adults and elders. You can make many recolors, and it's' easier to recolor them without getting too far out of hand with the color options.

Clothing isn't that versatile. You would need some extra alpha layers, as the base clothing does take up quite a lot of space (my baby objects like they are now take up two texture maps - 3/4 of a 1024 map, and one 512 map, one 1024 if I pack them together like I'd do for an accessory object) If you want to put a baby object into that... well, let's say the recoloring process would be quite extensive.

Say, you want 4 base skintones, and maybe a couple of carrier recolors. Then you might want clothing recolors, and if you have them as clothing instead of accessories, you would also need recolors of the adult clothing. Then it's extra meshes, because someone might want them with shorts and a tee, while others might want them with winter clothing, and so on and so on and so on. If I know myself, I'd end up with 100 recolor files and still not be happy. So in my opinion, accessories is the best way to go.

Backpack or "babypack" are both possible. It's the mesh flow and the skinning/bone assignments that decides how good will look and how good it animates. A bad mesh with horrrible bone assignments... let's just say that it wouldn't work that well...

My site:

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 10:23:37 am »

The baby accessory idea is very good but for people who play babies. I cannot add an accessory to an npc outfit. I don't care at all if the baby is like the TS3 pupp baby, or if just a baby head is sticking out of a backpack. I need it to be the outfit to be used in a "career like" object. I'm not intending to have skins changes. Career outfits don't support recolors. Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:35 am »

Well, I'm not so sure it's possible to add alpha layers to NPC outfits, either, and an object like this would need a bigger texture than just bits and pieces of what's left of whichever nanny outfit you're using. Besides - alpha meshing isn't something I can do well. I stick to accessories because they give me less trouble than clothing (I'm not good with Milkshape, so I model elsewhere and do the bone assignment process in MS).

My site:

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:48 am »

If I was going to replace an outfit accessory, maybe it should be better to replace the fireman instead of the nanny?  Grin
No problem for me, I don't use firemen either.  Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 10:21:57 am »

Actually, the fireman costume doesn't have accessories. The flask is a part of the outfit.

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

I don't really care much for things that work anymore, I prefer fake-ness. Hahaha. But really it's easier.

I know the giant ugly crib thing- but it's unrealistic. In a story? Ridiculous!

I think a deco baby stroller would be to die for.... (;

Find me on moonlight <3
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 03:40:24 am »

Accurate Theraven, the fireman's flask is part of the outfit and it is exactly what I need. When I talked about accessory I was meaning his hat for example. I know that many people have replaced hats for other types of accessories. I know that general zoi made a coat that is a hat in fact. There are scarfs, wings, horns, etc made from hats , why not a baby? Or from glasses, then you could have diversity. A baby glasses?  Grin Unfortunately npc outfits also don't include glasses.
I also don't care for working things that are supposed to be "real", first because I can make something "working" self and second, every single person in the world have totally different taste for what should be perfect, this is what makes us to "single person", otherwise we would be cattle.  Grin
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 07:49:53 pm »

I think baby glasses would be sweet, and very very useful.
I wish I could have baby glasses in real life!!

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: