Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:58:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make objects deco in SimPE?  (Read 7537 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:21:48 pm »

I'm trying to make deco baby bottles. How would I make them deco? I want to take away the option to use them as actual baby bottles, how would I do that?
I already put it under Decorative/sculptures, I just want to know what I need to remove...

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »

You've got to clone a deco mesh (like the fruit bowl or the chinese vase), replace the GMDC file with the bottle mesh (you might need Milkshape for this, as some meshes have several parts while others only have one - I know the bottle has two parts), and fix the textures. The object will also need a new GUID. There are more detailed tutorials at MTS.

If you're looking for the maxis bottles, there are some deco ones here, which I think are recolorable.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »

o.o
I think I'll just get the deco maxis ones....

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:37:08 pm »

If you're looking for those transparent white and blue bottles ("PlaytexBabyBottleOverride", right? Or "HBBabyBottleOverride"?), then I've got those replacements in my stuff. Been wanting to make them into deco for a while, just haven't gotten that far.

Tried making them non-default usable bottles (found a recolorable mesh), but it didn't even halfway work, as the mesh I used was buggy... But a deco version should be pretty simple, if you give me some days (that cursed school assignment... angry ), and if I don't run into troubles with the transparency texture again... If the mapping isn't too far off I might even be able to make the plastic part recolorable separately. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:45:23 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:43:28 pm »

Cheesy Yes please. <3

I love that bottle override, it's so cute. <3 I need it for the next chapter in Olivia, I thought it could be as easy as just deleting the pie menus and some of the BHAVs, but I guess not. o.o

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:49:18 pm »

Deleting parts of a file without knowing what you're doing will usually end in a buggy object. There's very big difference between an accessory mesh and an object mesh. The bottle is kind of animated and useable, while a deco mesh is not (unless you actually know how to add animations to one, which I've got no clue how to). The additional files left out or forgotten might cause big-time troubles, too.

Safest when making deco objects from maxis objects is to extract the parts you need from the original object and clone an object that does the same you want it to do. If making a chair, clone a chair. If making a table, clone a table. If making a deco object that works as a sculpture, clone a sculpture. And give it a new GUID, of course. Otherwise you'll end up default-replacing the object, and that leaves troubles on its own.

My site:

MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 06:56:42 pm »

Oh....
Well I guess I'll take the file I did out of my downloads folder... o.o
though, all I did was place it under decorative/sculpture.... still.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 07:08:48 pm »

The bottle file isn't meant to be a deco object, actually. It's barely meant to be an object (it's really an object accessory - just not the kind you put on in a mirror), and hard enough to do anything sensible with. Putting it in deco through SimPE won't automatically make it a deco object. I've cathegorized my infant "beds" in the nursery cathegory, but they're still tables. It has to do with the BHAVs, and even deco objects has their own BHAVs and probably a whole lot of other things that makes them deco objects (Can't help you there, as I'm still barely a novice in that area).

My site:

MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:14 pm »

I guess that's why bottles and babies are meant to be together. Nobody knows what they are. o.o

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 07:18:14 pm »

Maybe you're right Wink

My site:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:33 pm »

*sneaks in and moves this the right section, all ninja-like*
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:46:32 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:22 pm »

Oops! Sorry... I thought I posted this in help. I guess not.
Thanks for moving it. :>

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 02:52:05 am »

If you want to make merely decorative objects, you can make a permanent clone of two EAxis objects: the Flamingo and the Venus Sculpture. It is all you need. Do you know how to make a permanent clone? OK. Make them and keep them on a separated folder. It will be your basis for whatever you want. Everytime you need to make a deco, you clone from your permanent clone, it is easier than looking for a something all the time.
You need to have a new unique GUID to identify your object, the rest is just a matter of exporting the GMDC and importing again in your object. When you export the GMDC, export also the textures. So you have your decorative object. The flamingo (for objects that has only one element) and the Venus Statue (has two parts) have everything you need, can be seen from the hood view (have LOD90) and don't get confused about their sizes, it doesn't matter at all, you can use the flamingo to build a house or the Venus to create a potato. But don't think at it is that easy, depending on what you are intending to create, you have to mess up with material definition (glasses, transparences, water, shine, glow, deepness, flatness, etc). Start always with something easy, then improve them at the same speed as you learn.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: