Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:19:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a strange CAS problem ...  (Read 1790 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
carenmrose

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »

I just started having this strange problem in CAS -
When switching to screen 4 (the makeup) the camera shifts and the sim appears to have jumped off the circular pad thing.  Then if I switch to any other screen which zooms away from their face (1, 2, 5 or 6), the camera drifts off to the left and doesn't stop until it is FAR off the lot, with the CAS-building off in the distance.

Though I haven't tested this more, there was major camera borkiness inside regular lots, too.  Similar problem, the camera's "center point" was nowhere near the actual center of the lot.  I haven't bothered checking this every single time I go in game since that first time though.

Anyways ...

I'm in the process of removing anything I've recently downloaded, but I'm hoping someone can give me some idea what to look for.

Check out my website
and my story "Picking Up the Pieces"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:41:49 pm »

Do you have a camera mod? One that changes the range of where it goes? If so, you can go to MTS and search for camera mods. A creator named Gunmod has the back up Maxis cameras. Put those in and see if it helps.

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
carenmrose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:54:13 pm »

I do have (Gunmod's) camera mod, but, I've had that for ... well, forever.  My problem just started within the last week.  Sad

If all else fails, I will try that, but I want to exhaust other options first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

I just remembered, I have had this problem before, a long time ago.  It ended up being caused by something I downloaded that required an EP I didn't have.  Since I still don't have all EP's and recently went on a downloading spree from a creator who *does* ... I now know exactly where to look Cheesy

(I just hope it's not one of my favorite downloads that I have to remove.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:22:42 pm by carenmrose » Logged

Check out my website
and my story "Picking Up the Pieces"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: