Insimenator.org
January 20, 2020, 01:52:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: InSim only exists due to the generosity of our awesome community. If you'd like to help out, see this thread and toss some change our way. Thanks!

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What exactly is a legacy?  (Read 2253 times)
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:37 pm »

What exactly is a legacy?
I see them all over, and I know they're families that go on for generations, but what are the rules or set of norms to them?

-Bubbles

[I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in help, move if need be.]

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Super Mod

Permanently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:15:14 pm »

Depends on the legacy. They've got different rules, depending on the legacy (usually no cheats, and no hacks/mods). I've not been much on them myself, but I've read a few.

Alphabet-legacies might be legacies where all the kids get names after the alphabet
Rainbow legacies might be every generation in a different color.
... And so on.

Not entirely sure if challenges go under legacies, but you've got
- Toddler challenges - one parent, 7 toddlers, good luck growing them all to teens without cheats
- zombie/apocalypse challenges - everyone outside the house are zombies, and your job is to get the sim to survive a set amount of days without turning into one (needs some mods to work that way)
- Asylum challenges/legacies (you control only one sim in a closed-off space with maybe one toilet and 3 beds - the rest live their life without any control)
... And so on.

They make fun reading, if the person can actually write good. Some legacy-stories are just "now they do this and then they do that", which is boring to read (in my opinion).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

There are many , as Theraven said , here is a link for more info http://www.legacychallenge.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: