Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:26:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What exactly is a legacy?  (Read 3787 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:37 pm »

What exactly is a legacy?
I see them all over, and I know they're families that go on for generations, but what are the rules or set of norms to them?

-Bubbles

[I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in help, move if need be.]

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:15:14 pm »

Depends on the legacy. They've got different rules, depending on the legacy (usually no cheats, and no hacks/mods). I've not been much on them myself, but I've read a few.

Alphabet-legacies might be legacies where all the kids get names after the alphabet
Rainbow legacies might be every generation in a different color.
... And so on.

Not entirely sure if challenges go under legacies, but you've got
- Toddler challenges - one parent, 7 toddlers, good luck growing them all to teens without cheats
- zombie/apocalypse challenges - everyone outside the house are zombies, and your job is to get the sim to survive a set amount of days without turning into one (needs some mods to work that way)
- Asylum challenges/legacies (you control only one sim in a closed-off space with maybe one toilet and 3 beds - the rest live their life without any control)
... And so on.

They make fun reading, if the person can actually write good. Some legacy-stories are just "now they do this and then they do that", which is boring to read (in my opinion).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

There are many , as Theraven said , here is a link for more info http://www.legacychallenge.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: