Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:00:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Game problems  (Read 1930 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blaquerayne

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:02 pm »

Well I got my game working fine (thanks for all the help) with just a small problem with bodyshop.  Now another problem has popped up.  My sister and I share a computer, she has her side, I have mine.  She also has her own Sim game and files. Ever since I've has problem with my side hers has been crashing as well.  The difference is that hers crashes right away, meaning she clicks the game to start, it goes to the purple screen and crashes.  she doesn't have any mods or hacks, just clothing and hair files.  She doesn't play that much, in fact this is the first time she went to play in about 6 months.  I've removed all the files and it still crashes, i'm pretty much clueless at this point.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:21:38 am »

Clean up all caches from the game and mainly clean up the cache files created by Bodyshop, they have no other use than show up thumbs quickly in BodyShop. The problem is that BodyShop creates thumbs of all the creation phases and don't clean them up if you delete an item. This means that if you make a recolor and is not satisfied and repeat the process 100 times, the BodyShop cache will keep hundreds of thumbs that are not used and will stuff up to be enormous big. It also creates references that are similar to the ones created by the game and will confuse things. People that use BodyShop very often have more chances for game crashes. BodyShop is NOT part of the game but creates references on the same place as the game.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:30:53 pm »

Once again, please instruct the OP where the file is and how to get rid of it. Plus give the OP the exact name of the file created by Bodyshop. Not everyone know where to find these things to get rid of to help resolve their problems.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: