Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:51:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom houses one life story  (Read 10650 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jasonx

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2008, 10:09:03 am »

Hi guys, can you show me how to make the houses I download online to show up in Life story. I've downloaded houses (made with only sims 2), I put them in download folder but I cannot see it appear in game
Thank!
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:35:14 am »

All the custom houses you download and install, are installed automatically in TS2, and if you open the house bin, you will see your downloaded house with the couple.

In Sim Life Stories, and in Castaway, there is not any option to package a lot (pity), therefore you don't have too a folder named "Packaged Lots", as in TS2, in which you can put the downloaded house.

Without the option "package lot" (the * in TS2, which creates the Packaged Lots folder), and without "Packaged Lots" folder - you can't place a downloaded house in the game...Smiley.

You have to work hard: create the sims, and build them a house, or buy them a house. Smiley
jasonx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:54:33 am »

Can I create a Packaged Lots folder?
gali

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:48:23 am »

Lol, you definitely can, but even from there the house will be installed again in TS2 game. There, I tried it for you:

I created a PackagedLots folder in Life Stories, and put there a lot, ready to be installed.

I enterred the game, and the lot was not seen:

Now I entered TS2/BV – and there was the installed lot; I put a circle around  the Uni  pre-made lot, to show you that this is the main game.

…"Case closed"…:)
jasonx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:57:09 am »

so there's no way Sad
gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 08:11:21 am »

No, not in the custom games (Life Stories and Castaway). But it's not such a big disaster - you learn how to build houses from scratch, and it's very good training.

In Castaway, I am not given even empty lots, and I have to move the sims to the sim bin, and redecorate, or delete everything and build a new house instead - and then return them to their new home.

Besides, you can always play TS2...Smiley.
erinmblair
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 02:47:34 pm »

Since Life Stories uses a SimLSPack (or something like that!)...maybe there is a way to put a house using that...

~Erin
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:32:02 pm »

it's theoretically possible that one could add houses to the lotbin manually if one had both The Sims 2 and Life Stories.

Basically import the downloaded lot into TS2 then manually move (and probably rename) the BASE-GAME ONLY house from

~(My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog

to

~(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\LotCatalog

Like I said, this is theory, I never tried it.

Alternately you could be really brave and create a Teleport folder for Life Stories:

~(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\Teleport

and use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to install the lot (with the sims2import script!) to that Teleport folder instead of the TS2 Teleport folder

But again - this is pure speculation on my part - I didn't try it when I had LS installed, so I can't vouch for it working

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
qxy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 06:25:15 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1216964
Alternately you could be really brave and create a Teleport folder for Life Stories:

~(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\Teleport

and use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to install the lot (with the sims2import script!) to that Teleport folder instead of the TS2 Teleport folder
I tried this myself and found that it didn't work; too many of the files want to overwrite each other when doing this, for some reason, and those that remained did not show up in-game.

What was successful, however, was using the S2P Clean Installer to extract the files to the TS2 Teleport file as usual, then simply moving those files to my new SLS Teleport folder. Now I can have my little lots again!

Hopefully this method works universally for installing lots.
jasonx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 07:57:51 am »

Thank you you guys so much. I can have beautiful houses in my game now Cheesy
lovergirl171

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 07:19:51 am »

Yes can you plz tell me how you did that because I've tried everything and it just don't work!

:daisy:Your SMILE is what makes me Happy!:love5:
jnightwishn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:34 am »

You know the first picture with the lots and houses bin, could someone please take a screen shot from every angle of the 5th house in from the left? I really need to re-create it. So please help me!! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: