Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:59:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Permanently deleting sims  (Read 7784 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:20:18 pm »

My computer exploded so here I am back in Lifestories land where I started three years ago--it came with my spouse's laptop.

I need to get rid of one invisible nanny.  She was created when I used the wrong version of Christianlov's all-in-one/nanny npc (Sls needed the NL version).  Now the new nannies and butler all-in-one's are created & working perfectly, but this one nanny still shows up for work faithfully.  It's just weird seeing the baby float for baths, diaper changes, playtime and feedings.

When insimenator* deletes a sim should it be permanent? I managed to select and delete the only other invisi-nanny but this one apparently doesn't want to go.

Bear in mind though I mentioned insimenator this is not a "help my insimenator is broken!" question.  I am looking for any way to permanently delete the sim; but if the mod does this function yay me as I already use it.

(*yes I know its unsupported/not updated but then again neither is lifestories Wink)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:28:43 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:47:08 pm »

Try firing her using the phone, if the option exists for you. I've had nannies just keep turning up after telling them to stop the scheduling while the nanny was on the lot but apparently if that happens, you need to cancel the scheduling by phone.

Not sure what else you can do because there is no safe way to delete a sim permanently in-game. You could try grabbing the NL version of the batbox, prepping her for deletion then use the Deleted2 method via SimPE. Or you could have a sim befriend her, get her to move in and then move her out to the sim bin. Do not delete sims from the sim bin. I'm sure it creates the same sort of problems in SLS as it does in TS2. But she should be out of your hair once she's made controllable and chucked into the sim bin via the Move Out option. Make sure you do a backup first in case things go wrong when invisi-nanny is made controllable.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:59 pm »

Thanks Engram. I have the batbox in my dlds but alas my spouse doesn't have simpe or related things. Actually I didn't know simpe would recognize Sls. Good save though because I hadn't thought about those sims 2 deletion issues--you're right. I can't use the phone as she was made by the Christianlov npc maker that creates them for that mod and not the game nanny. His nanny tweak doesn't recognize her i.e., her id number is null.  My tiny error though not his mod's.   I'd drop a satellite or something like that but I don't want the ghost--though I am slightly wondering if her ghost would be invisible too.

Hmm, I have the cowplant in my game. It was briefly an Sls welcome gift but I only just added it to my game this week. Even with all my TS2 games through MG for all these years I've never used a cowplant.   If a sim gets eaten do they haunt or is that the end of them?  That may be my quickest solution Smiley.

Sims by Dasi:

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »

Hmm I wonder what would happen if the cowplant ate the landlord at the apartment complex, he is mean to his tenants and any company the sims have over as visitors.  Argues, pokes, and shoves at them until half the town hates him and so constantly sims are kicking over the trash twice daily and stealing our newspapers!  I've noticed this rotten personality happens more with the male landlords to be honest. 

So what I'm hearing is the only safe way to kill a sim is naturally in game.  I've always simbinned deleted since the base game.  If it messes with anything I must have mistaken it as a bad mod or loadup.  I've also heard constant building and bulldozing lots is bad, along with moving sims in and out of lots.  LOL these are all the things I do more than anything else. 

Also try googling ,clp tuner, npc nuller, I refuse to give links anymore (actually never have)  I never know anyones policies or ages on here so theres my tip on what might help your nanny problem.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 05:29:20 am »

Dasi, SimPE recognises all 3 of the Stories games so no problems there.

Hope you get it sorted out. A lot of mods don't play nice with the Stories games, even if they are compatible with the game engine each of the games uses.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:18:19 am »

Are you talking about Life Stories and the Insimenator that is TS2? Have you checked if Pescados FFS Debugger work on your Life Stories Game? It has an option to correct invisible sims.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:09:05 am »

Engram, I'll check out using simpe though I'll have to wait a bit since this is mostly his business computer. If it were mine I install it in a heartbeat and work this all out. I'll probably go that route when my comp is up and running as I've discovered there are more of them in the hood (borked nannies that is) than I thought.  This is a way old saved game from 2008 so I hadn't checked all that stuff out back then since I was new to the sims. It's likely I made about five or more without realizing the error back then.  Still it's a favorite oldie. The batbox may have gotten rid of her--she hasn't shown up at the house since I used a few options on it.

Yes XPTL, I've been using both of those in my Life stories game. All versions of the InSimenator worked for me in 2008 and still do now. The debugger is a standard in all of my games Wink.

I'm still working out how to resolve the problem since I discovered the others. Solving some of the problems in this game really helped me when I moved on to TS2.  I can't wait to get my TS2 & 3 games back when my computer is revamped but this will keep me occupied in the meantime. 

I'm trying to bring all of them to a graveyard I just made (guarded by cowplants Evil).  I read somewhere that they do become ghosts after being eaten, though I haven't confirmed that yet...I figure if they end up ghost there I won't care.  Thanks for the help.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: