Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:24:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What goes to What? Fashion Help!  (Read 1578 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:43:33 am »

I followed a link from a post at MTS2 and landed on a site named LianaSims. There were some interesting outfits and I downloaded several of them and was very careful to download the outfit and the respective mesh simultaneously. Now I have a folder with about 100 outfits but I cannot connect the textures to the respective meshes because there's absolutely NOTHING to identify them. I opened each outfit in Simpe and all it is written in the Text list (that should identify what goes to what)  was an internett adress or just "Made by xxx". How the hell you girls identify all those outfits. If the only answer is to throw all the crap in the downloads folder and hope that they are correct, I think that I have to trash file about 33 MB and almost one hour of my time.
If someone has a better answer, thanks beforehand.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »

While downloading, I make a folder for the site and then make subfolders for each outfit. I then download the mesh and the recolour into the subfolder AND I download the image. If I'm downloading from multiple creators on the same site, my downloads will often look like:

-Site
--creator
---outfit

I then extract everything and compressorize and then run Clean Installer over the main folder to identify any duplicate meshes so that I can remove any duplicates. Only after this does any of it go anywhere near my Downloads folder. I run CI over my entire Downloads folder every couple of months to weed out any duplicates that may have snuck in.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:38 am »

Thanks, this is a good advice for the future but sincerely for the case I was, when I downloaded more than 100 outfits, it would be really time taken. I use to visit sites very seldom and so when I see something interesting I download all I like. I also don't put things in my downloads folder before I'm totally sure that I really want it or need it. It has happened many times that I downloaded things based on pictures and when I placed in my game I wished I could cry.
To run CI regularly is also a very good advice, it is just that as I said before, my dwlds has by now about 750 subfolders and I use to join meshes to recolors as much as I can (one file) so that I never have recolors without meshes.
I contacted one of my fellows that has a little bit more experience with outfits, hairs and recolors and got another advice that I think it would be interesting to add here. He said: " all meshes and recolors are connected thru Shape and CRES. These items have unique numbers and the numbers are repeated in the recolor 3D Id. All I had to do was to check the 3D Id of every recolor and compare with the meshes. As I downloaded only a dozen meshes and several recolors, it was not that difficult. Then before placing the final result in my downloads folder, I added the text "Mesh xxx" after the text found in the item and then it became "Made by xxx - Mesh xxx". It is so easy that it could have been done as standard. By the way, I got 5 items that don't match each other, even when I was so careful and several meshes that were so little different from each other, that I could just get the recolor and transfer to the mesh that had most recolors on. I ended up with only 6 meshes and several recolors.
Thanks girls. Boys are still better with numbers.  Grin  Joking!  Problem solved. Thanks all for the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: