Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:52:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 48156 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

Has anyone gotten a chance to play yet? I've just bought it this evening and I've lost interest in it within thirty minutes. What do you guys think of the game?

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

Shouldn't this be in the sims 3 threads?

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

Not really, since it's not a Sims 3 game or a Sims 3 EP. Nor is it Sims 2. It's a separate Sims game altogether.

To be honest, I can't say for sure which thread, if either, it needs to be in. If there are enough people posting about the game we may discuss opening a separate section for it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 04:38:17 am »

I absolutely love it!  Grin

Please? *makes puppy face*
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 12:47:08 pm »

I've been playing off & on since it released. So far, it has retained my interest (what can I say ~ I have a small attention span! Tongue )!

There are some things EA got right on the money (not the price, tho!!!), but there are so many more places that they fell short!  ex: NO AGING! - I have a bunch of children running amuck and terrorizing my heroes homes and belongings and they'll never grow up - they just multiply!!! And currently, my heros only have one child born in game, they've been too busy questing and doing their daily duties to have extra activities!  shocked So, these multiplying heathens are all NPC's!!!  And when you finish one kingdom ambition and start another, you have to rebuild everything (buildings, characters, experience!), all over again!!!
In my opinion, there is a lot of room to expand: more and more challenging quests, the ability of traveling to these other territories that you can anex, and what is with these stupid "rabbit holes" that they keep using?!?!  When my queen goes to defeat this giant bear in the forest, I want to see it!!!
Over all, the scenery is pretty, the sims look fairly nice, I LOVE the pit monster!!!  I haven't finished the 1st ambition yet, but I read here where I can take my current kingdom into the next, so I'm not as upset as I first was!  And like I said, so far, it has kept my interest. Wink

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:51:29 am »

OK, I said I wouldn't get it, but I did. G-Knee, you got the shortcomings right. Whew. However, for those contemplating and wondering, kaching and motherlode still work. To get most of the other cheats to work you have to turn on testingcheatsenabled, but you can't from the console (I don't think). Follow this yellow brick road - 1. Go to Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game Data\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini and right click Commands.Ini, select properties and uncheck Read Only. 2- Right click again and use Open With and open it with Notepad, and change TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1 and then save it.

You can always use kaching and motherlode, but with the cheats turned on you can then use disablerespos and enablerespos to turn responsibilites off and on, also the old familiar moveobjects, setkp to set the kingdom points, setqp to set the questpoints and setmood min/max/supermax (this sets the focus), among other things. Typing help in the cheat window will list all of the available cheats.

The bugs about the autoplay problem with the CD/DVD remain and it still will not create a desktop icon if you custom install to use a hard drive other than C. I may glean more if I get the time to pick apart the exe module but I am a lot more adept at EBCIDIC (mainframe and mini) than ASCII (micro) machine-code language.

Also, with testingcheats on you can drag your hunger and energy bars and also relationship bars.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:05:48 am by jamesabrown1 » Logged
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »

I played  a bit, it's ok, but I don't like the quest-driven nature of it.. I wish it was more like the Sims 3 in gameplay, just in a medieval setting...

Though I have to say the Weak Constitution trait makes me laugh my rear end off!  SO many things I wish were in the base game!  Awesome looking Grim Reaper. Seriously, I paused the game and just gawked.  I WANT HIM IN THE BASE GAAAAME!!!!  He's so AWESOME! *cough*

ANYWAY.  I also love how you can get your sims drunk.  I want that in the base game.  I love how sims react when another vomits.  That is FUNNY.  I keep making my sim drunk so he vomits in front of people, then laughing.  Yes, I am demented.

My King is Lord Artura, My knight is chivalrous and good, but a coward.
I had Lord Artura jump in the beast pit. The thing loved him.  I snickered mightily at that.
It has its ups, and downs....

Mostly, I want those pointy ears in my main game, I want that awesome Grim Reaper, I want the Medieval style clothes, and the furniture and styles...
I wish they would do a medieval stuff pack with all that stuff, or like.. maybe a "Costume Party" Stuff Pack or something, that would have tons, and tons of different fantasy, superhero, sci-fi, fairy-tale, and all sorts of stuff in there - furniture, clothing, new interactions.. maybe even an EP with magic and a new "monster" (Like an Ogre, Troll, Gargoyle, or something)
I almost didn't get the Sims Medieval, and wouldn't have if my friend hadn't gotten it for me knowing I loved the Sims and fantasy/medieval themes xD
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:10 am »

Yup, me too. I much prefer the open-ended play of Sims instead of everything that one can do being pre-determined and inflexible. Still - it has it's merits and fun points. As to the pointy ears, I think there is an ear slider for CAS over on MTS (I think that is where I saw it).

Who knows, maybe EA will develop an add on world and suitable decor, clothing, and hair-styles to get medieval into S3. Perhaps if they get enough requests? I agree with some of the new anims, drunk, etc. It would be nice to see such in S3, especially with Late Night.
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 07:54:25 pm »

Yup, me too. I much prefer the open-ended play of Sims instead of everything that one can do being pre-determined and inflexible. Still - it has it's merits and fun points. As to the pointy ears, I think there is an ear slider for CAS over on MTS (I think that is where I saw it).

Who knows, maybe EA will develop an add on world and suitable decor, clothing, and hair-styles to get medieval into S3. Perhaps if they get enough requests? I agree with some of the new anims, drunk, etc. It would be nice to see such in S3, especially with Late Night.

Here's the link for the ear sliders.

I like the questing part, but I agree, I would like to see the medieval parts into a Sims freewill style game.  I'm not for sure, but after watching a couple of the trailers for the new EP, "Generations", it looks like we might get the drunk/hangover anim that everyone seems to be craving!
I personally, have gone back to TS2!!! My interest in Medieval has finally faded! LOL!  And I finally got around to unborqing my TS2!!!  YAY

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 04:02:55 am »

I may end up doing that, as well, G-Knee. Some of the newer stuff (post-Maxis) is pretty awful. I've not played DragonAge yet but at first glance, it appears to be pretty much Madden Football with medieval graphics.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:08:23 am »

I cheated. Played it on my sister's computer (lucky her-SHE didn't have install issues like I did!)
I thought it was interesting, and adorable. I especially liked when at the beginning my cocky monarch kept saying "It's good to be King!" whenever he had beaten his opponent, talked to a lady in his court......just adorable! One reason I went ahead and got it. (the frustration went from there, as I keep trying to install the sucker!)

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »

Yup. I've never been a great fan of simply following a roadmap to a predetermined conclusion. Restarting the kindoms and quests everytime an ambition is satisfied seems like it might get a wee mite boring. We'll see.
Ghostie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

It is a bit boring, as you have to start all over again, but this means you can pen more locked ambitions though.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 05:58:06 am »

Yep, and it unlocks more quests, as well.
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 02:08:32 pm »

too short and too boring angry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: