Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:08:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing a mod to use a new object  (Read 2971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:33:05 pm »

If a mod uses a specific bed or chair as it's custom object is there a simple way to change it to use another object of the same type?   

Ex.: Mod A uses a standard pine bed but you would like it to use the Caress of Teak Bed.  Easy to change using Simpe or no?

Sims by Dasi:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:43:27 pm »

I think all you should need, is to change the mesh in the GMDC resource, and the texture in the TXMT resource. You could try - it's not worse than that Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:20 pm »

Thanks now all I need to do is figure out how to locate those two  Cheesy.  Looking at the mod in simpe I don't see gmdc or the txmt in the resource tree list (where I am assuming it should be). I've never gotten into creating objects.  Since this was not creating something new it seemed a minor modification (like what you suggested).  It might be a breeze for the more experienced but I'm not finding the right way to plug it in.

*Just opened it again and those two aren't in the tree list.   I've seen them there in other packages but they aren't there in this one.  Thanks for the info.

Sims by Dasi:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 02:41:12 pm »

Ah... Well, I think I misunderstood you. I thought it was a modded object you meant, and not a mod for an object. If there aren't GMDC or TXTR resources, then you can't do that. In that case, I can't do much to help you, as I've got no clue how mods/hacks can be changed...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:56 am »

It all depends of what kind of modification it is being done to the object. The bed is one of the most complex and easy to fail object in game. What is this mod doing?
If it is pie menu based, that is, it is specifying which age it is allowed to use, or the value of energy or attractiveness, you have only to open your other custom bed and transfer the values so that they look the same on both.
If it is something more complex like modifying a bhav, there's also a very easy way to mod. Open the pie menu of the custom bed and check which bhav was modified. Beds use only globals so the pie menu in Simpe gives you access to all bed globals, all you have to do is read the bhav from the pie menu and choose "Include in the Package". The bhav will be copied in your package and you can modify it to look exactly like the one you have in the modded bed. Change the bhav number to be a sequence of the custom bed and change the reference in the pie menu to point to your new bhav instead. If it sounds too complicated for you, you don't have enough skills to do it. Try to learn a little bit more, when you have a modded object that does what you wish, you can use it as model to build up a new one. Just look very thoroughly and try to reproduce all the steps.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:24 pm »

My comp has been down so I'm only just seen your reply today XPTL297.  Specifically the mod I was trying to change is the "NPC pine bed" used by Christianlov's all-in-one nanny controller. I wanted to change it simply to use another bed of the same type. Thanks.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: