Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:52:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not neccesarily sim content, but a program that finds meshes?  (Read 2531 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
noobinator
bearer of painful pointy things

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:19:12 am »

Why on earth would I want this well... under this post:http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,35500.0.html, It request a mesh from simchic.com not included, and the poster nicely directed us to the correct mesh. However the site has been reorganized, making the directions useless. I also did not want to bring that post back out in all its undead glory. Rather than simply downloading every item and hoping the mesh is in there somewhere, is there a program that reads whatever mesh is required based on a recolor of that mesh, or is it a SimPE function, or just not possible. Thank you for your time. 

I've got a chainsaw and an enemy... what do you expect me to do? Play nice?
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:16 am »

I had a similar problem, maybe inverted, where I downloaded a lot of meshes AND recolors and ended up with unidentified files. Such a program would be feasible, though I don't know if it exists already. All Bodyshop recolors have a 3D Id reference; two references are used to connect meshes to recolors and one of them is the SHAPE. Not sure but the shape identification starts always with FF and as it is a sequence of 8 digits, two can be discarded and you end up with a sequence of 6 digits. If a program could check the shape nrs sequence with the mesh, it would identify every recolor and meshes without mistakes. Yep, simpe can do this but it is a manual search. There must be a way to batch search. According to an answer I got, you can use clean installer to look for orphans, but you still have to download everything available and hope that you got all you needed.
If you are looking for a program that looks for meshes for you (such an internet search) you don't need a program, you need to program all mesh makers. Some use the most absurd criteria for identification. I'm done with hairs that have the number 9999, the mesh is 1111 and the recolor is 3333. For text identification they write "Made by Mary Poops - www  closedforbusines dotcom."  shocked
noobinator
bearer of painful pointy things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:37:25 pm »

Aha! I believe I've found what I am looking for here: http://www.simsforum.de/vbulletin/bastelstube/56481-sims-2-mesh-finder.html. Sadly, the download appears to be disabled
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:57:18 pm by noobinator » Logged

I've got a chainsaw and an enemy... what do you expect me to do? Play nice?
ranabluu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

I am looking for something similar because I have items but I don't know where or how to identify what mesh is needed.  I sure hope there is a program out there.

Sometimes you have to stop and take a moment for yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: