Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:23:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TS2 Seasons Crashing  (Read 6745 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:26:37 pm »

We've probably all seen the classic "This application has crashed. It will now terminate." I only have a few clothing and hair defaults installed with less than 3 GB of Downloads (okay, considering last time I had the game installed it had 15 GB of Downloads, this is TINY).

I have Uni, NL, OFB, and Seasons installed.

I am using the 50 people in a household: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640

I am also using the hack for sleeping on community lots: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=241797

The crash has happened twice with the same family and once when I went to build a home mode. I don't want to risk going to any other home. The hacks listed above I've been using for a few days now and I did not have a problem until I deleted a guy walking by my home that was in the process of delivering flowers for a great date. I didn't want him to catch my sim girl with another guy  rolleyes

I have cleared my cache, too Smiley

Any advice on what to do?
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »

After further research I have found that my game crashes when I enter a home I downloaded. I have tried these custom homes from clean NO CC Base Game homes from MTS to GoS lots, full of CC. I have no idea on what to do.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:57 pm »

Do you have the CPI?  Have you scanned the dl folder with it? 
All I can imagine is one or two of the houses may have been boolpropped to death or uploaded with unseen mods attached.   I have had both issues happen to me and removed the homes and removed the added mod.  Hard to guess an answer without seeing and being there, and we all know your an experienced simmer and probably already tried all the obvious answers.  I hope this is helpful and you get your game running smoothly soon.

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:58:14 pm »

*guiltily looks down* It would probably be the boolprop. I admit even with the Insimenator, I still play with it  rolleyes

I will definitely check out the unseen mod possibility. It's known to happen even with Sims 2 Clean Installer. Thank you, Happy Smiley
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:53 am »

For your sake I hope not, but I think you answered your own question... " I did not have a problem until I deleted a guy walking by my home". Burn them, starve them, drown them, leave a battlefield quantity of sim corpses if you want, but don't delete them. If it was a playable that you deleted, just go to their  place and they should be there, and your probably okay. If a non playable, not as good. Go to Maty and poke around on the boards , maybe you will find something pertinent. Best of luck!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:06 am »

Boolprop doesn't break your game. Honest. If something isn't working with that particular house, chances are it's using some bad cc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 02:23:54 pm »

Are you sure Caffeinateed.joy about the boolprop thing?  I had a house that used so much constrain floor lever and such it would crash as soon as I put my cursor over it in the neighborhood.  I went back to the website where I got the house from and sure enough new comments were posted that the house was bad.  It was a well known builder female I think, she uses alot of those building tools and is known for her awesome designs, I just happenned to download the one that wasn't good.  This was over a year ago so I have no way of finding out or rememberring the names anymore.  I do believe you though Caffeinated.joy I just coud have swore that was the reason the house I had was bad.  Sorry Fatedicewolf if I lead you down the wrong path. 

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:51 pm »

I'm quite sure. I've got it turned on in my game all the time (my game loads with it turned on). If a house crashes your game it's either a) too large for your computer to load b)came installed with a mod conflicting with something in your game or c)has a corrupted file. I've used it for years and have never "boolpropped" my game to death.

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:41:24 pm »

Well, guys I've tried everything. Nothing will fix it Sad It's not just one lot, it's all custom lots I place. *Sigh*
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:44 pm »

Do you have the Hack Conflict Detection Utility program? If you don't, I'd suggest you get it and see if there's something in the game that is causing the crashing-here's the link to it: http://www.simwardrobe.com/

It might help. At least it won't hurt.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »

I would also check your drivers. If they're out of date they can cause problems with your games.

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 10:40:37 am »

Maybe, it's just me but I'm having an impossible time locating that program on the website Sad

EDIT: I found it. Going to test it now Smiley

EDIT 2: No conflicts, scanned three times Sad
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:55:50 am by fatedicewolf » Logged
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 11:37:44 am »

Sorry to hear you haven't had any luck with your problem. Here is a link to a neighborhood corruption detector by the very awesome Mootilda...http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431238  I'm not real clear on your current status, can you enter any houses successfully? Or does it crash in all of them? Or is it random? If it's just one lot, can you move the inhabitants to the sim bin and bulldoze the lot, that may solve it. Also, as you downloaded houses did you keep the cc from each separate? Very handy to do so, in case of future problems. I have a folder in my dl's called stuff from lots, and within that I have folders called 250 Mulberry Lane or Joe's bar and grill for example. Much easier to locate and jettison potential problems that way. Best of luck!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 11:41:39 am »

Have you tried deleting your cache files (groups.cache, cigen.package, content registry and accessory.cache)?

Also, the HCDU is a great tool as it gives you a good starting point, but it's important to know it's not a guaranteed fix. The way it works is it scans your downloads folder for mods/hacks that modify the same behavior and have the potential to conflict. If it lists files, there's no guaranteed those are the problem files and, conversely, if it doesn't list any files, it doesn't mean there are no conflicts. As I said before, it is a good starting point.

I would take out all your mods and run your game to see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then you have something in your mods causing a problem. If that doesn't work and it still crashes, then move onto removing all cc you installed prior to your crashing problem. Again, if you find you have no more crashes, then something you've removed is bad. If not, then pull all of your downloads and repeat the process.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:05:33 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 02:44:46 pm »

We're all pulling for you Fatedicewolf!  Removing the last 'anything' you added in the last week is always a good start, it's the first thing I try when my game decides it doesn't want me playing.  I'm out of suggestions but you have my sympathies.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: