Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:39:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will my computer be able to handle more than one EP?  (Read 6766 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:39 am »

Well for any of us to answer that question we would have to know how much space you have on your hard drive and also how much is already being used.  cdrive right click properties to see the pie graph.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 02:26:01 pm »

Like I stated, XP can only use 2 GB of RAM no matter how much total RAM you have installed in the computer. You need to modify the operating system's registry. There are numerous forums with instructions to do this but they are quite advanced if you are not computer savvy. Or you can download 4GB Patch from NTCore to modify the games and/or programs to use more than 2 GB of RAM if your machine has more than 2 GB total RAM installed.

I downloaded 4GB patch (small program) and modified Sims 3, Medieval Sims and World of Warcraft to modify them to use more than 2 GB of total RAM on my machine.

But I will agree to an extent that if you want special effects from Apartment Life and Seasons, you will need a better video card with more than 512 MB of video RAM. You should try to get a video card with at least 1 GB of video RAM. 1 GB is the minimum these days to handle special effects in most games. There's some cheap video cards out that you can look at for at least $50 USD or higher.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 03:05:57 pm »

The quality of the effects depends a lot on the graphics card. I used to play with most graphics on high on my laptop, but not shadows and reflections only on if I needed mirror reflections. When I turned reflection on, the only change was mirrors and slower performance. System specs on the laptop weren't all that great, but it was better than most other laptops at the time I bought it.

On my new computer with a NVIDA graphics card, there's reflection even in metal parts of objects, on cars, and on almost each individual object, which I never saw before. Other effects are also much clearer, like bumpmaps (which never showed before, but now pops out on all outfits with them). It is a bit annoying at times, as when objects are on the outside of walls they're too shiny. Fortunately, I've learned how to fix that... Creators who don't play with reflections on or have lower performance on their computers don't notice these things, so there are several outfits I don't use any longer because the bump maps are buggy or too strong, and I sometimes have to reduce the reflection on objects meant to be outside.

I did a RAM fix, too - so my game recognizes 3 GB. I only have 4 GB of memory on the computer, but wish I had more (6 or 8 ), since when the game runs the computer often runs very slow... Might have a lot to do with my CC obsession, though...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:24:14 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 03:18:03 pm »

The amount of CC installed does affect the performance of the game. That I will agree. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »

Yeah,my game runs perfectly fine,except on some community lots,but it's not a big deal. I do not have a lot of CC intalled,actually. The game works perfectly fine,so Thank You to everyone who wrote back and answered. Smiley

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: