Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:59:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Your PC if its compatible with Sims 3  (Read 142009 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 06:11:10 am »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! It says this computer passes! I didn't know that! After lunch my fiance has said we can go out and buy it!!!!! *spazzes*

Thank you so much for posting this!
Huntress1181

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 09:23:25 pm »

I failed that test, but thus far Sims 3 works perfectly fine. No problems at all.
Evillordjp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 09:38:03 pm »

Oh boy I failed the test. Doe's that mean I shouldn't be playing right now on my computer. oh well I quese I can buy one of there computers they recomend. I don't trust them sites at all.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:09 am »

The CanYouRunIt site is very in-accurate, and anyone that goes by that test on grounds to run a game is an idiot. Wink
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 03:58:51 am »

Are you implying what I am thinking you meant?

Nobody's an idiot for running their PC against a test. It is basically a test to give the player a rough idea what areas they can focus on improving. Sure, the site isn't accurate, but it does give the player an idea what they could do to improve their machines to play Sims 3 with minimum issues.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:25 am »

The CanYouRunIt site is very in-accurate, and anyone that goes by that test on grounds to run a game is an idiot. Wink

Considering that the site goes on what the developers of the games themselves set as minimum/recommended, I actually wonder who's really the "idiots" that are inaccurate:  The ones helping you check it, or the ones that gave them the suggested min-max in the first place... Tongue

Besides, no one should be put down for at least trying to get some idea of how their machine might work for a game.  Admittedly, I've used the site in the past to see if I could run Sims 2 on my old PC and laptop.  Both didn't pass, but I was able to almost fry my integrated 64 MB VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP chips into oblivion each time I started the game up just to play with crap graphics.  (Hey, even the downloadable version of Bodyshop told me my computer and laptop was crap, but once I installed the base game on both, guess what I was using half the time with no issues?) 

So in saying that, the site doesn't tell you that it won't work, it tells you if your machine is capable of actually giving you smoother gameplay.  Nothing inaccurate about that (other than the title of the page), right?

jadoresims

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:41 pm »

Weird... I went and looked to see if I was compatible and it was a BIG no no, I basically have a computer that two years ago, my dad was nice enough to totally rip apart and put together two computers into one awesome computer, of that time at least... but it was still a windows 2000, now I've just installed XP into my system... So i was worried about sims 3 cause we can't really afford a whole new computer.
So basically... I checked sims 3, HUGE no, then i tried sims 2... and it sais no I can't run that either but it runs just fine.
argante

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 11:40:23 am »

YAY
To any one with a graphics compatibility question - I did this test with heaps of new games (may 2010)  and it keeps saying minimum pass and I need a new video card for recommend, but that is not always the case. TS3, WA, HELS and AM all require min Intel GMA chip set series 3 or 4.

I have series 4 with no graphics card at all and TS3 on medium settings it works great (frames per second from 15 to 30). Always check the fine print of your games requirements rather than wasting money on new parts you don't need just yet.

If your not clear on what your system is try Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, it displays more info that the average user needs to ever know, mostly in plain English. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

My PC (basic low end Jan 2010):
Core Quad 2.6ghz
2gb ram
Intel GMA series 4 (4500)
500gb hdd.
I also have a p4 1.8ghz (Nov 2005), but is does need a major upgrade.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:47:14 am by argante » Logged
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 12:29:47 pm »

Blah, I failed. Not that I'd want Sims 3, anyway. Tongue

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2010, 03:22:07 am »

my computer died on me and im trying to find another refburished one for around 150 with everything as mim not very rich where can I find one? can someone help me find a good on ebay UK? I dont know what im looking for and ive been ripped off twice now by local computer shops. Cry
bobsbabe

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:33 am »

I passed on my laptop on everything but when I play it it will let me create my sims place houses in the neighborhood move sims into house and when I start to play them it freezes up can someone help me
Aledale

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 03:28:01 am »

I see this thread is old, but here are my results >.<

lmao.
rynn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »

I know this is a very old thread, but have a question. When you check to see if an EP will run, does it take into account the base game? I pass with flying colors on all the EPs, but I don't know if my computer will handle all of them at once. TIA
mathildeo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

I can see no one has responded on this in a very long time, but if someone could help it would be great.
I got theese results from the test:

Sims 3 Base Game

Didnt get this very big, I dont know why..

Sims 3 Island Paradise

I get good results on the Sims 3 Island Paradise, but not the base. I guess it is because I have Windows 8. (and if its not, please tell me Smiley )

My problem is:
The loading screen takes up to 5-10 minutes.
And from I open a world, to I can actually play a family, it can take.. 40-50 minutes, even though I dont make a whole new one.
(This is when its modded, and not modded.. no big difference)

I really want to play Sims, but not if its gonna lag and stuff all the time.. I asked a lot of "CC makers"/"CC users" and they all say it takes up to 5-10 minutes for them to start to play. even though they have A LOT of CC.

I'm not a big computer geek, so I dont have any idea of what is a good graphic card, processor, etc.
The computer is fine. no virus or anything.

Please help, or I have to wait for Sims 4 to come.

Thaaanks for replies Smiley
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »

Above it tells you that windows 8 came out after the game so there was no official info on it, which is why you have gotten the question mark.

You have good ram/ graphics however it looks like your cpu is holding you back. Your specs are slightly above the minimum required in that area.  Those load times are normal for me (three to five min normal load; up to ten only if I've recently deleted cache files) but that is to the actual game window where play for me is normal (no lag). 

You've already have ruled out mods.  The exclamation point in the can-you-run-it report hints that the cpu speed might be an issue so you might look into an upgrade.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: