Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:47:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invited Sim leaves as soon as they show up  (Read 6870 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jorann

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:49:35 pm »

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything on it..

Been running into an issue where sim #1 calls sim #2 to invite them over.  When sim #2 shows up at the apartment, the door opens, and then they immediately turn around and leave.  Is this normal or anyone else seen this happen? It makes it a bit frustrating to play when you can't invite anyone over! 

If this isn't normal behavior, I am guessing it has something to do with custom content - I dont have any hacks installed (at least not that I am aware of).  Is there a simple way to figure out what the problem is?
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »

Did you check what time it was before Sim 1 called Sim 2? If it's too late then Sim 2 will turn around and leave just after arriving. A simple fix to this is to open a cheat box (CTRL+SHFT+C) and type in sethour then type in the time you want (20 would be eight p.m.). have Sim 1 call Sim 2 and invite them over again. Sim 2 should stay this time.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:40:04 am »

In a game without hacks, you are running the game globals and if you invite a child or teen, children has only permission to stay out up to 6pm (18) and teens to 9pm (21), Adults can stay up to 1am. To invite to stay over the night, you have to make the invitation before 6pm (18) or there won't be even a menu for invitation. If you don't have hacks and have a conflict anyway, check your ccs (clothing, hairs, etc) with Clean Install or any tool you may have to check the files integrity. Mesh or texture problems CAN cause other problems that are not even related.
jorann

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 05:49:32 am »

I don't think timing is the issue.  Both sims are adults and the invite was in the middle of the afternoon (neither have jobs as both are sims I created and didn't get around to finding them work yet).  I'll check with clean installer for the CC, but other than using it to load content, I haven't used it for anything else so not sure what I am looking for.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:30:13 am »

Orphan files. And you can also check if you didn't download any lot or family that could eventually bring some unwanted hacks or mods with it. Problems of this kind are normally caused by hacks related to the visitor generator.
jorann

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:14 pm »

I tried removing all mods/cc other than people and the same problem happened.  I tried with a different sim in the same hood and there were no issues.  I did notice that the sim I am having trouble with (as in the one who cant seem to keep a guest at his home) is missing a mesh - I get the floating head in the shower.  Could that be causing a conflict with visitors?
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:55:16 am »

Then you found the solution already. Send your sim to the mirror and change his appearance to everything that you know belongs to the original game, no cc. Do the same sending him to the next Wardrobe, commode, dresser or whatever you have and change his clothing to something base game. Then save the game, exit the lot and move him and his family out of the house. Bulldoze the house in the case that it is corrupted and move him and the family to a new house. This should solve all your trouble. If he is showing only the head when he is in the shower, you have a conflict with a mesh that is disturbing the game nude, maybe a male pregnance? Or any Body shape different from the ones in game? A linked skin color that doesn't have the proper mesh? Check your game now for this kind of issue.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:58 am »

Floating head in shower means there's a mesh missing for a showerproof skintone - but it's probably a separate problem.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 03:16:37 am »

No, it is not a separated problem. I seriously believe that mesh problems can have influence on game behaviours. It can affect whatever and there's no rule to know what is going to be corrupted or not. The simple fact that you include a new mesh in your game can modify its structure. This game reads files in alphabetical order, some tools read them for date order like clothes and hairs. There's a lot that can cause problems, but fortunately there's solution for all of them. I suppose that our friend uses simple extraction at EAxis system (he said that he plays the game Out of the Box), so he must also check where he is extracting the files and create a new private system to identify them. EAxis system has been a mess from birth.
jorann

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:08 am »

Thanks for the help on this. Seems the issue is resolved now that I found the missing meshes. As soon as I reloaded the sim without any cc, he was able to greet visitors. I put everything back in game, including the missing files and it worked as expected. Thanks again.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:33 am »

Score One for XPTL297!  No I'm not keeping score but Good Call none the less.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: