Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:49:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't want to be a celebrity!  (Read 5191 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zorlond

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:42:24 pm »

I've been looking all around, and I haven't found anything to help so far.

I've got two sim-children, boy and girl. For some reason the game has declared them celebrities. The game claims they know 2 celebs each, yet the only celebs in their relationships tab is each other. There is no second. She became a celeb spontaneously one morning, and he followed suit about a week later. Now he's gone up to celeb lvl 2, and they still don't know any celebs other than each other. Their father -was- a lvl 1 celeb (impossible to avoid, his job in business was flooded with celebs), but he's been dead for a sim-month now, his grave's out back. They don't talk to him even when he decides to go haunting.

Is there any possible way to remove celebrity points? A console command perhaps? The fact that this is completely unearned really breaks suspension of disbelief. And what's even worse is seeing 3 and 4 star celebs just about everywhere I go. It's like a disease...
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »

A friend of mine had an issue like this before. She ended up finding out it was due to mod she had placed in the game. The mod offered to increase celeb status. Do you have any Late Night mods in your game?
Zorlond

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:57 pm »

Yeah, I have mods going. Some body sliders (Jonha's), a few clothes (cmar_fpreg stuff), Rainbow Brite's pregnancy length mod, no intro, no mosaic, and the Tunable CORE Engine over on SexySims2. That's all. And of them, I'd only suspect the tunable core, except I didn't use anything related to celebrity status with it. All mods are as up-to-date as available.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »

Actually, if you didn't have any celebrity-related mods installed, your Sims will gain celebrity statuses and levels so fast your head would spin. The only town that has any celebrity Sim is Bridgeport. The other towns do not have them. I play Sunset Valley as my favorite town, and in that one, no celebrity Sims were generated unless I wanted to designate one.

You can take a look at the celebrity mods HP made at MTS. I use one of her celebrity mods to make it difficult for Sims in my town to gain any celebrity status and levels.

I do hope this will help you find something to help resolve your problem with celebrity stuff for Sims 3.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:30:54 pm »

Amusing sidenote: one of my Sim kids who's related to a celebrity gained a fame level just by taking a dump. Paparazzi swarmed into a public restroom and just started snapping away. Poor kid never gets any privacy. Hah!

Slightly more on topic: Barnacle Bay is known to have issues with LN installed; some people (myself included) have reported every damn Sim is a celebrity of varying fame.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Zorlond

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:08:31 am »

My sims live in Twinbrook, and celebs have been flooding in since I began that neighborhood. Not just celebs, two of the father's co-workers went vamp in the first couple weeks. Blame the game director, I guess.

I downloaded HP's hardest celeb mod, unfortunately it didn't strip the celeb points the kids already had, but hopefully it'll prevent them from getting any more and things will sort themselves out in a generation or two. Not ideal, but better than nothing, I guess. If anyone finds a way to remove stars or points, I'll continue dropping by from time to time.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:12:30 am »

There is a mod that will let you reset the celebrity points, statuses and levels. It's called Master Controller, and it's made by twallan here. It's kind of like the Insimenator for Sims 2 with various functions that you can perform on Sims like sending them to CAS, resetting their lifetime happiness points and so on.

Give that a try and see if this is what you need to clean up the celebrity mess.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Zorlond

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

Grabbed Master Controller, reset the kid's celeb stars, and so far, it looks like that's exactly the mod I needed. Much thanks for the find!

Tossed Master Controller into storage, though, I didn't want to risk it showing incompatability issues with any of my other running mods. Hopefully nothing bad will turn up.
Zorlond

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:12:13 am »

Well, something turned up, not sure if it qualifies as bad. The girl runs all the time now. Even when told to walk, she won't, so I'm assuming she has deeper bugs lurking. Even when reset or aged, she keeps on running everywhere. My suspicion is that is has to do with the bad rumor she was under when I reset her stars.

Fortunately, I saved to a different file after I yanked the stars away, and I only lost about a week of game time. I'll wait for the rumor to go away on it's own before trying again.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 04:39:00 pm »

Okay, it sounded like you hit an EA bug with one of your Sims. I researched this issue and found a couple of possible solutions:

1. You could try moving your family (whole family) out of their house and then move them back in. Or you can move both the family and the lot into the bin and then put them back on the lot or another lot.

2. If you tried to reset the Sim to no avail, then you can try downloading Treeaq's Locomotion mod from MTS. Once installed, try changing the affected Sim's locomotion by choosing Walk and see if that will fix the problem for you and your Sim.

This glitch had been present since the beginning of Sims 3. EA either refused to recognize this issue as an EA glitch or investigated the issue but not come up with an answer to explain why exactly this happened.

Also, if your Sim has the Neat trait and was doing chores, then the Sim will tend to run around cleaning the house.

Let us know if this will help resolve the problem.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: