Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 08:13:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bypassing Launcer with The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection? *SOLVED!*  (Read 2170 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »

So, for the past month or so, I've been working on transferring my Sims onto a computer with better graphics. The game is running uber fast and the graphics are amazing, but I now have to play off of the Sims 2 Best of Business Collection CD. I can't seem to bypass the launcher. Can someone help me out, please? Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:54:53 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:56:46 pm »

Right click on the icon you use to launch the game and select Properties. On the first page/tab of the pop-up there should be a button called Open File Location. This will open the folder where the exe for the EP/SP/whatever will be located. So there will be 2 exectulables in there, one called Sims2Launcher.exe and one called Sims2EP9.exe (or whatever it is that is your newest expansion). Take note of what the other exe is called and just rename the taget file in the Target box in the pop-up. Apply and Save.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:31:11 am »

I just made a shortcut to the .exe file on my desktop. Right-click on the exe file, and choose "create shortcut", and put the shortcut file on your desktop (Vista refuses to put the file in the original folder, and asks whether to put it on the desktop right away).

Also made one for windowed mode. I just copied the shortcut, and wrote " -w" (with the space, but without the ") in the name window. Very useful for testing stuff.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »

Thanks so much you guys. I went to the old post where Raven explained this to me the first time, turns out the .exe (I really should've know that...  rolleyes) was different.  Lips Sealed Thanks again, guys!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: