Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:42:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funky Family Ties  (Read 2436 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »

I have a very special Sim. I got bored and decided to look at her family ties. It says she's related to a Sim that was in my game 1-2 years ago that isn't her parent, or related to her in any form. (the lot was packaged into a file and I installed it on my new computer), and I can't revive the Sim it says she's related to using the Grim Reaper. I'm completely stupid with Sim PE (Seriously- a monkey could probably figure it out faster than I could) and I really don't want to have to go through the process of remaking my Sim because I've had her since '08. But, I will if I must. I just was wondering if there was another way? I've tried using the Insimenator Family Tree to reset the family ties, but it doesn't work.  huh Any help is welcome.

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Gwenke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:22 am »

Maybe you could try using the SimBlender from Simbology to change family ties.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:18 pm »

The answer is right there in what you wrote - she was packaged with a house and transferred to a different game. What you are seeing is part of the corruption of the hood that this has caused. You ripped her family ties in the old hood and when you placed her in a new hood and another sim had the same GUID as her parent from the other hood, the game assigned that random sim as the parent. There is no actual mystery here. You unwittingly created this yourself when you took a sim that had existing relationships and packaged it with a house. When transferring sims between neighbourhoods you should ALWAYS extract them, then clone them in Bodyshop and only then put the clone into a new hood. You should never ever package pre-played sims with houses. The only time this might be safe is if the sims don't know anyone at all in the hood and their house has never been played at all.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:46 pm »

There is one solution to keep in mind for the future. If you know you want to reuse a Sim you made, save him/her to Family Bin in CAS instead of saving the Sim and their home to the Lots Bin.

Using SimPE is actually a little easier than you think because if you follow the easy steps extracting a Sim to be used in another town, you won't come across those problems. We could write up a small tutorial on how to do this, but that is if someone wants to do it to show you how to use SimPE.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:01:48 am »

Look in Babies in Bodyshop, it tells you how to extract a sim. It's in the tutorials section here.
It's made with a baby, but that's just showing the funny part. It can be used on any sim in the neighborhood.

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: