Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:13:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a question about stories on this site  (Read 3603 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simssuperfan

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:26:07 am »

how do you get people to notice yours? I feel like Im having trouble getting people to read my story, The Stallion. I posted this on 2 sites, Insim and Boolprop FightTheAddiction False and I really am having a rough time trying to get people to post commpliments or constructive critisicm, can you guys help me out? Please?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:47:32 pm »

First point on the list is to have a good story or a good story idea, and of course have that little extra that sparks the interest of the reader. If it's not already there in the first chapter(s), then good luck getting it noticed...

Good pictures helps out a lot too (I'm very picky on no plumbbobs, no buy/build lines, no walls down, no speech bubbles unless they're in the right place at the right time in the right story, and preferably natural-ish poses). Good pictures tells people you care about making your story good, and helps tell the story.

I'm a picky reader, so if the story doesn't interest me already in the first chapter, I move on to others (except for medically-related stories, for some bizarre reason - almost however crappy they are). If I feel I have some advice which will help a storywriter to evolve, then I might give a comment. If I like or even love the story, then I give a comment. If I don't have anything positive or (constructively) negative to say, I keep my "mouth" shut, as I tend to ramble on for ages if anyone lets me. I know I posted a couple of "tips and tricks in writing" stuffies, but can't remember where I put them...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
simssuperfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:11:57 pm »

I feel I could try with another chapter, one with more of the story in it. Would THAT help raven?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: