Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:56:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working Game Not Working Anymore :(  (Read 6556 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hige

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:38:59 am »

Hi everyone!

Ok.  So previously, I had Vista on my laptop and I played all of the sims game on it with no issue (ALL my CDs are purchased and none of them are downloaded).  Just in case you need to know, I have Sims 2, University, Night Life, Open for Business, Pes, Bon Voyage, Freetime, Seasons and Apartment Life.  I also have them stuff packs:  H&M Fashion Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Interior and Teen Style Life.  I was able to play without any problems then.

However........

I decided to upgrade my laptop to Windows 7.  I reinstalled the games with no problems and now when I click on Apartment Life to play, I get the spinning CD, I can also hear my CD moving and I get the following msg after a couple of minutes:

Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit.  Try again?"

I am not sure of why this happened and I went throughout the net to try to find a solution.  I have tried working on compatability mode, I have tried to restart my computer but still nothing, I tried to delete my custom content from my downloads folder and tried to start it just in case something was making it not load.  NOTHING!

Has anyone ever came across this kind of problem before?  Oh, before I forget, I tried to load up my bodyshop, it loads up to 3/4 of the way before crashing and saying maybe i should look for a solution online.  Then I go to my sims folder and I see about 150 "TS2BodyShop 2011.04.13 12.29.07" and continues to "TS2BodyShop 2011.04.13 12.29.36"

Please help.  I was so looking forward to stating a new game and start on a new movie project.

Thank you very much for your time, your future efforts as well any help and assistance you can give me.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:44:31 am by hige » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:11 am »

First of all, if you have managed to run the game at least once after you reinstalled - then are there cache files present in the "The Sims 2" folder? These frequently cause problems, and are safe to delete. This is very  often the problem with a crashing Bodyshop or a game that won't start.

Accessory.cache
Groups.cache
cigen.package
contentregistry

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
hige

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:09 am »

No I know of these and I usually remove them before I attempt to load the game.  I have never managed to actually run the game, it just gives me that msg and I could just continue to click "retry" over and over again and nothing would happen. 

Thanks for helping though.  I just hate this compatability issue
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:48 am »

Could be the game installed wrong. There has been some issues with Win7 and installing. Maybe if you try reinstalling again?

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
hige

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 04:29:41 am »

If I just uninstalled Sims 2 Apartment Life, would it affect the others?  I REALLY don't feel like re-installing everything again lmao.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 04:42:11 am »

It's annoying, but sometimes it's neccessary. Uninstalling one or two packs could work fine (however, sometimes it messes up things even more), but the problem could lie elsewhere than with AL.

I've had the same message a few times (long time ago), but either the cache files was the problem, or clicking the message away and trying to load again helped...

My site:

hige

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 04:50:14 am »

Ugh.  That sucks.  How can a game be so much of a hassle!?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: