Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:17:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Registration I've Ever Been Through! Hands down!  (Read 8746 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
martiniqua

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:17 pm »

Maybe you guys could make the registration process a little better?  "Invalid character used in user name" "invalid this" "invalid that"   Crappy!!! Evil
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:04 pm »

I actually thought Insimenator had the easiest sign up. I have an impossible time signing up for the Booty. Everytime I try to sign up, it says I look like a spammer lol.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:43:50 pm »

Compared to other sites, we do have an easy registration process. What characters were you trying to use? The reason we limit it is because spammers and bots tend to try registering using the characters we don't allow. It might limit your choice of usernames, but it also prevents the site from being over run with nasty bots.

Now, since you obviously had success in registering, why don't you explore a bit and take part in the fun? Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:45 am »

Heh, if you think registering here is hard, try registering at MATY, PMBD or GoS!

Insim is one of the easier places to register in the simming community, unless you're new to it, then it all seems hard.

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:40 am »

I think that's very true, Bubbles. When I first got into simming signing up at forums seemed very confusing. Once people get past their second or third sign-up, it'll be a breeze.
Punx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

Heh, if you think registering here is hard, try registering at MATY, PMBD or GoS!

Actually from what I remember GoS was an easy sign up . . . .

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »

fatedicewolf lol over at maty's or booty's I don't remember which, but it took me 5 attempts before it stopped calling me a spammer.  I believe it said, stop trying so hard to be a bran muffin. lol I'm not sure what that means but I found it amusing if only a little annoying.  Here I've never had a problem registerring, but then again I never look for fancy ways to spell my name.

edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »

fatedicewolf lol over at maty's or booty's I don't remember which, but it took me 5 attempts before it stopped calling me a spammer.  I believe it said, stop trying so hard to be a bran muffin. lol I'm not sure what that means but I found it amusing if only a little annoying.  Here I've never had a problem registerring, but then again I never look for fancy ways to spell my name.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Happy! MATY gave me the worst registration problems in my life!

And, I don't care about African or European swallows or that the capitol of ancient Assyria is Assur. Wink

By the way... I've long since discovered that MATY wasn't *anywhere near* worth the trouble it took me to register on that site. I've been there maybe three times in the last year and the last time I think was eleven months ago. LOL!!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 10:51:10 pm »

We probably have the easiest registration process on Earth. And maybe even Mars. Pick a screen name, tick a box, and poof: you're signed up. You don't even need a valid email address. As long as you're not trying to stuff non-ascii characters in your name, you won't have any problems.

...as for MATY and the Booty; those are intentionally hard to sign up on. Prove you can use Google, and don't use any numbers or silly embellishments in your screenname, and you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:25:55 am by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: