Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:05:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chef Uniforms for really fat chefs of all ages and genders?  (Read 2326 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sandifay

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:49:31 am »

I need to have some for my huge chefs for everyday wear. Thanks..
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

A couple of things:

First, using "Can someone please help me find" instead of "I need" go a long way towards making something read less like a demand and more like a polite request. Second, can you give a bit more detail about what you need? Are you using a certain body mesh instead of the EAxis default bodyshape for fat sims? If so, which one? Finally a picture of the exact chef's uniform (without hotlinking) would be appreciated. It might seem like a nit picky thing, but styles vary, albeit minutely, and if someone gives you, for example, a jacket with a black mandarin style collar and cuffs rather than all white, or a poofy topped hat instead of a flat topped hat... you see where I'm going with this I'm sure. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
sandifay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:06:58 am »

I apologize. I meant no disrespect to any one here. I'm not a mean person. I used no curse words or caps. I was actually trying to keep it short and to the point because I know there's so many rules to break here. An the administrators are easily angered. I really didn't think or intend for my post or request to offend any one. I was just trying to be efficient and the less words used I thought the less chance there'd be to break rules. I'm deeply and truly sorry. I forgot how serious people are here. Once again I really apologize for insulting you in any way. It was not meant to be a personal attack to anyone. Forgive me for not using a smilie, but I guess it wouldn't have helped anyway.

To any other people who may have felt insulted or complained about my post, I am deeply sorry and wasn't making a demand, just a casual request. I was stating what I was looking for and what I needed because I remember someone being chastised a long time ago for putting too many details. I thought brevity was required; too the point, short and sweet. I often don't even post because just seeing other people get chastised, I get nervous about posting anything. We are not a perfect people, some of us are just some simmers that want to have some lighthearted fun and forget our depressing, illness-filled lives. Please know that some of us aren't out there to make anyone feel bad or get insulted. I did say thanks. Doesn't that prove I wasn't being mean? I don't know enough about meshes to know what to ask for. I'm in between eyeglass prescriptions; I can read text, but  and can't tell whether your smilie is happy or mad. You seem mad. I hope you're not.

I'm not that savvy; and I'm not proud of not being that savvy. I have a lot on my plate personally and don't have time to learn everything about meshes and don't know all the terminology. I play the Sims a lot, but not enough to know much. I'm kind of a casual downloader.  I was just hoping someone had seen some at a website; I wasn't expecting anyone to make them for me. If I new were the chef's uniforms were I wouldn't have imposed and posted. I would've just got them right there. I'm open to anybody type actually, and I wouldn't think of complaining because I don't need it to be specific. I'm not a demanding person. I didn't know it was that serious.  I didn't mean to be impolite. I actually thought it was a lightearted and funny request. I suck. I'm sorry. Never mind. Please don't hold it against me for typing too much text; I felt the need to explain myself. I'm not rude, just too stupid for this forum, I guess. Maybe someone else will need what I needed, post the right thing and get some sites I can follow.

Thoroughly embarrassed and shamed...going back into lurking mode...point taken... Lol
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »

I wasn't angry at all, sandifay. I was just giving you some pointers that might help you get a quicker response and the results your want. Smiley It's a happy smiley, I assure you - I understand the lack of vision... I'm largely blind without my glasses and some of our reasoning for our rules is for the benefit of those who have a hard time seeing.  It might seem like we have a lot of rules, but, when you read them they really are all pretty much common sense rules. Be polite, don't claim someone else's work is your own, give proper credit, keep the cursing out of it and your posts pg-13, don't steal or promote illegal activities and give the respect you want. That's what it breaks down to, right?

Too many details about something you'd like is never bad. If you come in with pictures and clear descriptions, we will love it. What we object to is when people ask for too much and coming in here with a shopping list worthy of one of the Trump wives. Wink

I do appreciate the "thanks" and, yes, it does make a difference. I would just like to suggest "Can someone please help me find or make" as an opener makes an even better difference. A person can still make demand for something and, when they get it, say "thank you", right?

As I said before, it would be a big help you could tell us more about what you want. Do you need chef's uniforms for the EA fat morph or are you using a specific custom bodyshape? Can you please find a picture of the type of uniform you want and post it here (without hotlinking - and I can tell you how to do that if you need), it would be great.

I also have a suggestion to help you see things better on your screen while you wait for your prescription. I don't know if making things larger helps for you, but it does me, to an extent and, depending on your browser, you may have a setting to increase the overall size of everything on the page. Or, you can just hit your cntrl button and scroll your mouse wheel forward to increase the size and backward to decrease it.

There's no need to go back into lurk mode. Just try not to mistake or misread a helpful suggestion as an angry rant.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: