Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:38:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Special sized mattress (single bed)  (Read 6706 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:16:26 am »

Is it possible for someone that can create new beds (animated and useable sheets), to create a special sized mattress-bed for me? It is not to reduce the size but to increase it on the sides so that two mattress-beds can be placed together and simulate a double bed. I know that two beds have to be created, one for the left and one for the right, so that everything fits together. I'm dealing with creatures that I want they do not mix up with normal sims, do not use the same objects, do not sleep in same beds, things like that. I can create most of the objects but I don't have presently time for much reading to learn how to deal with game animated objects. It can be created two cheap single beds and just eliminate the frame once I actually need only the mattress. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:43:20 am »

I think animated beds are usually done by using the already animated beds. To keep the animation you have to extract the GMDC file, not save as an obj file as you'd do with deco meshes. I've not seen a lot of beds using custom anims for bedsheets, so I don't think it's easy.

I've not made many beds myself, but I use this method with other animated objects.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're after. A double bed with single-bed functions, or...?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:40 am »

No, what I want are two Single beds that are not modified in any function but the mesh. I mod the bed self, I need two meshes where the single bed is increased in size in one of the sides, that is, one single bed that has the Left side a little bit wider and another that has the Right side wider so that both meet in the middle and look like a double bed. It is very difficult to mod double beds because you always end up with errors. I tried many other solutions not involving the bed meshing, it is looks OK but not good enough and involves a lot of moveobjects. I wish to place two single beds together inside a double bed frame. It is for a full project that involves a lot of things I'm developping for a friend. It's almost done but the bed problem is still on the way.
If you still don't understand what I mean, place two single beds, one on the side of the other and you'll see the gap in the middle - this is the gap I want to fill up. Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:28 am »

You could probably chop up the double-bed frame, place one half on one single bed, and one on another single bed, and make mattresses longer/chop off the left/right side. Not entirely sure how anims would work on the beddings, but it might be worth a try.

I don't think double beds should be much more difficult to mod than single beds (but I'm a noob in modding, so what do I know?). Maybe there are things you keep getting wrong, but have simple solutions? Depends on what you try to do. I know there are mods or modified beds that will make a double bed usable to others than couples or parent+child, or will take away woohoo interactions, or any such thing. If you want a double bed usable for two non-couple sims, then it is much easier to mod a double bed, as you won't get into mesh/anim troubles.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »

I want a double bed like mine, that are two single bed mattrasses placed on the top of a double bed mattrass that I can separate into two beds if I want.  Cheesy
I have been thinking about creating a single bed that is thin enough to enter in the middle of the two single beds and close the gap. As beds are linked to the bedding it could be interesting. I just wonder if sims will try to sleep on the thin bed. I have Inge's mod that makes sim reach even beds that are stored on a basement without doors, so I'm afraid they will try.  Undecided.
I tried the thing you said about exporting gmdc to MS instead of obj and the little oven worked well (animations were kept), but tried to do the same with the bed and just got the message that there were too many morphs to import - goodbyed on my face. I'm progressing like a wheel (square!)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:37:36 pm »

If you don't touch the bedding part and only import the frame (through an obj-file), then it works. Beddings are very moody - I think they're both animated and morphed (at least the mattress part)...

Is it something like these two you're trying to make? Pic 1/pic2
It's always easier to understand with a picture or two Wink

My site:

wongfoo2003

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16:01 am »

I just saw this topic. I know it's a little late to reply and i don't know if you solved the problem by now. But maybe pfish invisible comfort objects can be useful. her is a link:

http://forums.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=38&page=2&u=22093&showType=1&showAll=1&gs=0

:? :? :? :color: :? :? :?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: