Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:30:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Skintones  (Read 2049 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a black and a white skin tone that when mixed they make a mixed baby? My sister is white and her boyfriend is black and every time she has a baby it either comes out black or white.
Thank you for any help you can give!

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:58:13 pm »

This is always the case with regular custom skins.

However, if you look for genetizised skintones, they will mix up with the original custom and let you have a bigger variety of skintones which will mix. A light-skinned and a dark skinned sim might have babies with any skin inbetween. I know Pooklet (from Garden of Shadows) has a lot of skintones like this (especially on her blog), and I'm sure you'll find a few at GoS too.

I suggest you read up a bit on it, though. Geneticized skintones can mess up genetics in the game if you take them out (just like geneticized eyes) or even while they're in. 

If you have different sets of very different geneticized skins, the baby can get any of the skins sorted between the mother and the father in genetics, regardless of skin set.  

Other than that you can use normal default skins. The babies might have a light or dark or any of the two between (and they might get a geneticized skintone if you have any installed).

I must admit, I de-geneticized all geneticized skintones I could find in my game, as they only made troubles for me (babies born with random skins is annoying when you have ten different sets, all looking different. Besides, I kind of like the custom/default replacement skins best. They're easier to control...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:01:39 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:33:31 pm »

Ok Raven thanks for your help. I don't usually mix races with my families not because I'm racist or anything its just that everyone has their own way of playing but my sister is always complaining about it but I guess she is just going to have to get over it.Thanks again.

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: