Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:17:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: residential items on community lot  (Read 11544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
enze

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:35 pm »

Hi! anyone know where I could find a hack that would allow residential items appear buyable on community lots? I can't find carrigon's? how is that?
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »

Actually, changing residential items into both community and residential lot usable items isn't difficult at all. It just involves using SimPE to change one number and knowing where to find it.

If you have SimPE and aren't nervous about using it's a single step and easy to do.

If you don't have SimPE you can get it here: http://sims.ambertation.de/

So, now, if you're willing here's what you do:

Simply find the package you want to change and open it in SimPE.

1: When the package opens click on the Object Data folder to open it.
2: Click on the Package Name just to the right of that.
3: Click Plug In view so you can see the Object Date package contents.
4: Now scroll down and find Catalogue Sort and click the Raw Data tab.
5: Next, click the "Decimal" radio button over on the right.
6: look at Catalogue Sorting/Community Sort. You'll see a catalogue number on the right. Double Click on the Community Sort item to highlight it. You can now change the number on the right to whatever it is now to 128. Click the Commit Button and Save and you're done!
The item you edited will now show up in both Community and Residential Lots with just one simple number change! Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:13:56 pm by edinfresno » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:04:04 am »

A simpler method may be to use changelotzoning cheat.  After entering the cheat you will need to exit to the neighborhood screen and then reenter the lot.
enze

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 01:39:25 am »

yes I know about changelotzoning but I'm avoiding it for freeze issues due to my graphics card. Anyway for SimPe I am not knowledgeable about this program. I heard about a hack and would prefer a hack. Thanks anyway  edinfresno for your tutorial if I may not find a hack for this I might as well learn SimPe
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

A simpler method may be to use changelotzoning cheat.  After entering the cheat you will need to exit to the neighborhood screen and then reenter the lot.

The problem with Changelotzoning is that the second you change your lot back from Community to Residential is, 1: all the custom content made for Community lots disappears and, 2: changing lot zoning back and forth like that creates a lot of game play problems, the biggest one being that lots frequently become unplayable after two or three change-overs so, in my opinion, it's just easiest (and best / safest) for your game to simply open the object in SimPE and change the catalogue number and it also takes a lot less time.
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »

yes I know about changelotzoning but I'm avoiding it for freeze issues due to my graphics card. Anyway for SimPe I am not knowledgeable about this program. I heard about a hack and would prefer a hack. Thanks anyway  edinfresno for your tutorial if I may not find a hack for this I might as well learn SimPe

I'll admit the first time I ever opened SimPE to change something I was shaking in my boots with the fear that I was going to absolutely screw up whatever it was I was going to do and totally break my game! LOL!

Well, after about ten minutes of working with the program I was amazed at not only how easy it was to use but that I had nothing to be afraid of in the first place.

Now, I'm just saying that was me the first time and it has nothing to do with whatever reason you have for not trying it but I can assure you it is a lot easier than it looks and there's all kinds of great tutorials that will teach you how to do just about anything you can imagine.

I do hope you decide to try it out because I think that, once you do get comfortable with it, you'll end up having a ton of fun like I have.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:02 pm »

There is even a simpler way to do something about the lot zoning: decorate the lot as a house, and then save it by putting it into the lot bin. Place it again into the NH and then change the lot zoning to community, and save that one as well by putting them in the bin or perhaps saving to file.

Once you have copies of both versions, you will never have to change the lot zoning again.

edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 05:04:25 pm »

There is even a simpler way to do something about the lot zoning: decorate the lot as a house, and then save it by putting it into the lot bin. Place it again into the NH and then change the lot zoning to community, and save that one as well by putting them in the bin or perhaps saving to file.

Once you have copies of both versions, you will never have to change the lot zoning again.

Interesting idea, MaryH but, again, the problem remains: Those items which were made to show on residential lots only will disappear off the lot the moment it's converted to Community.

However, once an object has been converted to both residential and community use the problem is solved forever. The conversion has to be done only once in SimPE and that's it. Problem solved.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 08:15:04 pm »

In fact, I did copy your instructions about how to do it in SimPE-I've got at least one object I want to show in community but it never does-and it would be really useful to have on the lot working.

mookie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »

As someone with SimPephobia/ or just plain laziness Cheesy , I have used several ways to get any items on community lots . This , made by cathair 2005 (see post 48) ,http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=204467&c=1&ht=0&page=2&pp=25#startcomments was working through AL and/ or M and G for me... until I started playing in BellaDonna cove then it stopped, may be  a hack conflict, not sure. Also this is a very useful tool to just help you find items in residential or community lots   http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58  . Another method is just to make sure that any community  lots you want residential only items on are owned , even if just by a "dummy" sim with no other purpose , just purchase the item in residential , place it in their inventory and visit the community lot to set it up. As a pose box fanatic that works great as so many of the boxes fail to show in community lot status. Best of luck! Thumbs Up
neodarkside

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 01:24:39 am »

This solves a question I was going to ask. I downloaded a few neat items but they are Community use only and I wanted them for my sims own personal house. So by changing that number with SimPE they will be available for both Residential and community?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: