Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:26:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh crap, I broke my camera.... *Solved! Thank you!*  (Read 9592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »

Hey! I was using a camera mod, but I decided to replace it with the default files provided... Only problem is the "G" key in buy mode no longer works because the camera file defaults were before AL and MG. I really don't wanna have to reinstall to get them back... Can anyone help me out? Please?  :kiss:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:43:32 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

Which files do you need, and I can get them for you. :]

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 12:08:06 am »

I've got camera files dated 11.10.2008 (from my own camera backup - I've got all EPs and SPs).

And what exactly is the G-button function? Don't think I've heard of it...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:33:00 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:24:36 am »

Simple - delete the cameras folder and fire up the game. It will regenerate with original settings. I did it just then. It works.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »

Eeeee! Thanks, guys! The G button is a button in buy mode that allows you to look at your sims from a ground angle. It can only be used in buy mode, though. I use it for my photos. Smiley I think I need all the default camera files. I've broken it quite bad, I believe.  Embarrassed Last time I used Sim PE my game turned into a nonfunctional fireball. Sim PE doesn't agree with me, sadly.

EDIT: Would moving the camera file onto my desktop and booting the game do any good in regenerating the files? Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

zombie
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »

Simple - delete the cameras folder and fire up the game. It will regenerate with original settings. I did it just then. It works.
Did this not work for you? Did it not result in all the camera files being regenerated?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:09:07 pm »

I don't use Sim PE. My computer rejects it. I was unable to test.  Sad

zombie
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:05 pm »

What do you mean? You don't need SimPE for this. You go to My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2. You delete the Cameras folder. You fire up the game. Simple. There is no need for SimPE. I didn't even mention it.

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:41 pm »

I think they misread "Simple" as "Sim PE". By the way, thank you Engram. I'm having the same prob right now.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:00 pm »

Or, if your nervous, and to ask your question, yes, moving the folder to the desktop will result in the game thinking it's gone and, thus, make it regenerate a clean, unbroken version. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »

This worked! Thank you all for your help. I misread "simple" as Sim PE. My vision is poor. Theraven, here's an example of the "G" feature in buy mode. I snapped this pick when my daughter purposed to her girlfriend:

It's very useful, especially when you use pictures for your stories and not video. It's a bit awkward with video, since it requires the game to be paused.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 10:23:15 pm »

Ah, it's the shortcut for 45 degree (to see the ceiling).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 02:40:39 pm »

Yes. Smiley It's "G" on the keyboard so I call it that.

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: