Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:40:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming Soon: A Plus !  (Read 8940 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

~ Hello Everyone ~

It’s been a while since I’ve been on and have posted anything on this site. And so, I’ve forgotten a few things about this site... so please warn me if I have done something wrong. However, it’s good to be back. I’m one of the authors of the sims story The High School Notebook. I’m sure the story is still located in the sims stories section of the site. Unfortunately, however, my friend and I did not finish that story. Why, you may ask? Well, because all of the custom content and downloads used in the story were erased [deleted], and I was unable to retrieve them. But, I have good news for you all! I’m planning to post a new story, written and illustrated by moi, called: A Plus. The story will be up during the summer, because I’m still in school right now and I’m unable to find time to work on it just yet. But when I do, I hope that you will all enjoy it.

This is but a preview of some random illustration associated with the actual story. These are some of the main characters you will see in the story.

I can’t just give away what the story is about just yet, sorry. But, when I do post up the first chapter, there will be a prologue summarizing what the story is about. Right now, I’m still playing around and testing some ideas and so I’m eager to hear some thoughts you all may have pertaining towards this story. Perhaps, suggestions or ideas? Maybe concerns? What you may like to see in this story? What you’re tired to see in stories? Do tell, I’m all ears.

Thank you so much for viewing this post.

Fanku
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:08:14 pm by TheHSNotebook » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »

This doesn't belong in General Sims 2 Discussion. Moved to the Sims 2 story section, where it belongs. When you're ready to post, you can update here.

Please edit your thread title to include the title of your story: eg. "Coming soon: [story title]!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »

My apologies for my mistake. I didn't know, and I'm very appreciative that you let me know of this. I'll be more aware and careful next time. Thank you.

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:46:29 pm »

I seriously love the graphics! Nicely done pics by the way. Very few people ever manage to get the poses to look completely right (myself included lol). Do you mind me asking what you use for a graphics card or whatever you use to make your pics look so nice?

I love reading stories but what I don't like is that so many people want to either rush or move at a snail pace on stories and eliminate a lot of character depth. I would like to personally see a multi-layered character. I want to see their dark side but also sympathize or despise why they're like that. I want to know are they petty jealous because they feel insecure or what? I like to read the characters' thoughts. Why? Because instead of a narrator telling me why, I get the feeling I know why.

I hope this helps and seriously, I love your graphics!
TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43:28 am »

Thank you, thank you!

Haha, I don't always get the poses right. It takes me hours of constant modifications just to get them to look good enough for the camera. And sometimes, I still never get what I want and have to settle.

And of course I wouldn't mind you asking. I'm actually very honored that you are. But, I actually don't use any program to enhance my graphics. Well... I actually use a digital arts program called Gimp, which I use to edit my illustrations so they can look enhance. It's free to download and you can find it online easily. At first, it's complicated to use, but there are so many helpful tutorials that can help and guide you. And once you get the hang of it, it's really quite simple to use.

You know what? I think I might post a tutorial of a simple trick I use to enhance my illustrations, using Gimp. It will be easy to follow, and anyone could easily enhance their illustrations with it. I'll have a step by step picture guide.

And yes! I agree, and love your idea! It helps me a lot, and I will do my best to portray it in the story. Thank you very much.

And may I say that you are an amazing author. I'm very honored and appreciative for your kind words and your advice. Thank you so much, fatedicewolf Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:02:21 am by TheHSNotebook » Logged

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:35:31 pm »

So many people have told me about GIMP. I have it but like you said it is complicated. Looking at your pictures I'd say it's definitely worth sitting down and getting to know Smiley

And may I say that you are an amazing author. I'm very honored and appreciative for your kind words and your advice. Thank you so much, fatedicewolf Smiley

Thank you so much! I really can't express what your words mean to me Smiley I'm very honored you like my writing. And you're very welcome. Anytime I can help you, I will ^.^
Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:47:11 am »

I have to agree with Fate,this looks amazing! Especially that picture quality! I can't even draw a circle...yet alone do something like that. XD

You used Gimp for that? Geez!! It looks like you used something ten times better, I own Gimp myself,but barely know how to use something to that effect..ahaha. It looks wonderful!

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »

Thank you so so much S.A.M. Smiley I'm so happy you like it. Thank you.

And fatedicewolf, I do not like your writing... I LOVE it! You're such an inspiring and creative person. I'm so honored to hear from you.

And ah yes! Gimp is definitely a complicated program to work with... but as a beginner. For example, when I first started with Gimp, I was horrible, beyond HORRIBLE! T.E.R.I.B.L.E. I deleted the program on and off, gazillions of times! I couldn't stand it because I couldn't seem to grasp it properly. But as time progress, I learned a few things through all the tutorials that I found on youtube and through google, and I eventually managed to take up my own style and a learn a few techniques that fit me well while using it. And things got so much easier for me. I use Gimp now... A LOT. I sometimes would go hours, just trying to look through all the tutorials that could enhance my work. I'm not saying you should spend hours on end with it, but it gets addicting as soon as you're able to grasp a few things. And you will, trust me, YOU WILL! So please don't give up on it. It's actually a wonderful program once you learn a few things. And of all the people... if I could manage to understand it and make do with it, ANYONE can too. I assure you of this. And fate, you're illustrations are already amazing! You will grasp the Gimp program so quickly. And you too Sam, I'm positive.

Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 07:01:40 pm »

You're welcome, Thank You for posting this! It's amazing!

And I know what you mean, I've always found it complicated to use. But I plan on looking into it some more this weekend while I'm on this crappy business trip Sad I know a little bit more about the program,but as still new to it. Although I've been working with it since 2008,or early 2009,lol. I've been on and off with it though,so I'm going to try and experiment with it some more...

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »

Don't worry Sam, soon you'll find yourself an expert with the program Smiley

TheHSNotebook

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »

Well everyone, I just wanted to apologize on the behalf of this story, I should have had started it during the summer... however, my stupid computer died on me! I currently just got a new laptop, however, it's not sims 2 friendly. I'm hoping for a new desktop this Christmas (crossing my fingers) so hopefully I can either try and get restarted with this story, or perhaps start on a new one I've had in mind for the past months. It's so sad how much technology hates me...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: