Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:26:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF A pale skin?  (Read 9898 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheNpcsim

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:14:53 pm »

I want a pale skintone for my simmies, I saw this model and fell in love with his skintone and want one like his,
http://blog.yam.com/xXabbyXx/article/26717830 - Scroll down a bit, he's the one on the right with the beanie Smiley Thank you  Fanku2

W00T
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:31:31 pm by TheNpcsim » Logged

Do the smustle Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:24:37 pm »

Pics please? It might give us an idea of which specific pale skin you're looking for, since there are so many.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
TheNpcsim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:45 pm »

Yeah xD I read through it again, and decided to be a bit more specific  Laugh2 thank you Tongue

Do the smustle Cheesy
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:57:12 am »

Looks like she uses a lot of skintones and makeup by Ephemera and Janita. It's a bit hard to tell which exact skintone that is in the pose box previews but I noticed that she was using the FMW set a lot in pictures of her sims. Though on the one sim I was actually able to download she used a skintone by a creator whose name was a bunch of Asian characters, which I unfortunately cannot read. The FMW skintones are probably your best shot at finding something similar on Western sites. The skintone she uses in the pictures with the vampire sims is DEFINITELY the vampire skintone from the FMW set (check GOS, they have it uploaded there since E-Studio no longer exists).

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
TheNpcsim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »

Looks like she uses a lot of skintones and makeup by Ephemera and Janita. It's a bit hard to tell which exact skintone that is in the pose box previews but I noticed that she was using the FMW set a lot in pictures of her sims. Though on the one sim I was actually able to download she used a skintone by a creator whose name was a bunch of Asian characters, which I unfortunately cannot read. The FMW skintones are probably your best shot at finding something similar on Western sites. The skintone she uses in the pictures with the vampire sims is DEFINITELY the vampire skintone from the FMW set (check GOS, they have it uploaded there since E-Studio no longer exists).

FMW? What's that? And unfortunately there is a problem with GOS, it's not letting me in :l

Do the smustle Cheesy
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 11:11:46 pm »

If GOS won't let you in there is not much I can do. And FMW is just that: FMW. I have no idea what it stands for. It might be some sort of BJD (ball jointed doll), maybe?

Check out Ephemera's profile on MTS and have a look at the "human" part of the FMW set and his other skintones there. It doesn't include the FMW vampire skintone unfortunately.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
chainedbyroses
Miniature Lordette of Insane ADD Ideas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »

@TheNPCSim -- Not letting you in how? What sort of error are you getting when trying to load the site? What url are you typing, or link are you clicking? Garden of Shadows is working fine for me, albeit somewhat slowly. Can't figure out much here for you without any information from you.~

Is it trouble registering? If so, do know that you don't have to register at GoS to access the downloads (Hell, I've been lurking 3-6 months now), since all downloads from any thread are located on fileshare sites & aren't restricted to members. If it's the downloads from those sites that are not working for you, try one of the "mirror"/alternative upload links most users there provide, since popular files' monthly bandwidth can be devoured faster than a buffet in the hands of Fat Bastard.

If the website itself will not load, try clearing your web browser's cookies and your internet traces/cache (Cache Clearing for PC Firefox 3 -- A) Taskbar @ top: Tools > Clear recent history... > Time Range: Today or Everything > Details: Cache [leave rest UNchecked]). For more details on Browser cache & history clearing, try your respective browser's website; there should be info, if not tutorials, there. After that's all squared away & your browser's all chipper and squeaky clean, try reloading GoS. If it still will not load, there is a chance the site could be down for maintenance, experiencing  an error/host crapshoot/other LOLZ@U by the internet. In that case, I'd suggest waiting a few hours to a day & trying again a couple of spaced-apart times. If then it is still not letting you on, you could try contacting a GoS moderator here or on another site (ie, some use MTS). If you haven't been banned (either temporarily or permanently for past behavior onsite), then you could try politely (** and grammatically-correctly - they don't take kindly to chatspeak, smiley abuse or colored fonts! **) messaging one of their moderators who stroll into here/MTS on occasion. I can't say -now- who that'd be (it's been ~4 years since my last login here OTL), but in the past, liegenschonheit, Ghanima Atreides, Jenfold, Nymphy, and a few others were folk I'd seen here and/or at ModTheSims before I'd ever even heard of GoS.

Bear in mind if you or -anyone- on your router/network/household has been banned from GoS, you won't be able to access the site (kinda the concept of bans, after all), since your IP (your internet ID) would have basically been blacklisted. If that is the case, sorry dude, we can't help ya there. :/

Alternately, if you just want a general pale skintone, try any one of the [expletive]TON of skins Enayla uploaded here and at MTS, or the Louis#7 skins by Louis (user: Ren) @MTS//any Louis#7 Lin Edit. For that matter, check out Ephemera's skins (google or look here/MTS~), since it appears from posts above that EP/Ephemera was the creator of the skin in question; in particular, try the SimpleSkins set, as the pale looks fairly similar, if I'm not mistaken. There really are a ton of pale skins out there, if you're just looking in general. ;P

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE
BEIN' A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT TO BE
DO WHAT YE WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE~~
TheNpcsim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57:32 pm »

@TheNPCSim -- Not letting you in how? What sort of error are you getting when trying to load the site? What url are you typing, or link are you clicking? Garden of Shadows is working fine for me, albeit somewhat slowly. Can't figure out much here for you without any information from you.~

Is it trouble registering? If so, do know that you don't have to register at GoS to access the downloads (Hell, I've been lurking 3-6 months now), since all downloads from any thread are located on fileshare sites & aren't restricted to members. If it's the downloads from those sites that are not working for you, try one of the "mirror"/alternative upload links most users there provide, since popular files' monthly bandwidth can be devoured faster than a buffet in the hands of Fat Bastard.

If the website itself will not load, try clearing your web browser's cookies and your internet traces/cache (Cache Clearing for PC Firefox 3 -- A) Taskbar @ top: Tools > Clear recent history... > Time Range: Today or Everything > Details: Cache [leave rest UNchecked]). For more details on Browser cache & history clearing, try your respective browser's website; there should be info, if not tutorials, there. After that's all squared away & your browser's all chipper and squeaky clean, try reloading GoS. If it still will not load, there is a chance the site could be down for maintenance, experiencing  an error/host crapshoot/other LOLZ@U by the internet. In that case, I'd suggest waiting a few hours to a day & trying again a couple of spaced-apart times. If then it is still not letting you on, you could try contacting a GoS moderator here or on another site (ie, some use MTS). If you haven't been banned (either temporarily or permanently for past behavior onsite), then you could try politely (** and grammatically-correctly - they don't take kindly to chatspeak, smiley abuse or colored fonts! **) messaging one of their moderators who stroll into here/MTS on occasion. I can't say -now- who that'd be (it's been ~4 years since my last login here OTL), but in the past, liegenschonheit, Ghanima Atreides, Jenfold, Nymphy, and a few others were folk I'd seen here and/or at ModTheSims before I'd ever even heard of GoS.

Bear in mind if you or -anyone- on your router/network/household has been banned from GoS, you won't be able to access the site (kinda the concept of bans, after all), since your IP (your internet ID) would have basically been blacklisted. If that is the case, sorry dude, we can't help ya there. :/

Alternately, if you just want a general pale skintone, try any one of the [expletive]TON of skins Enayla uploaded here and at MTS, or the Louis#7 skins by Louis (user: Ren) @MTS//any Louis#7 Lin Edit. For that matter, check out Ephemera's skins (google or look here/MTS~), since it appears from posts above that EP/Ephemera was the creator of the skin in question; in particular, try the SimpleSkins set, as the pale looks fairly similar, if I'm not mistaken. There really are a ton of pale skins out there, if you're just looking in general. ;P

I click on the link to get in, and it said "Sorry guest, you are banned from using this forum" That's all it says. I can't get in at all  The strange thing is, my friend can get into it O.oBut thank you for anyways.

Do the smustle Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:12:16 pm »

Seems like you and your friend were banned on the IP address, or an IP-range similar to yours. That's what I understand from it, anyway.

We've had big troubles with spambots here at Insim recently (we've taken to approve accounts instead of an automated system so we can get rid of spammers before they can do any harm). Several IPs have been banned, as they belong to spambots. I understand very well if that's the thing with GOS, too. Trouble comes if non-spambots have a similar IP range to spambots.   

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
chainedbyroses
Miniature Lordette of Insane ADD Ideas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 05:50:45 am »

I click on the link to get in, and it said "Sorry guest, you are banned from using this forum" That's all it says. I can't get in at all  The strange thing is, my friend can get into it O.oBut thank you for anyways.
(*A little late in replying, but I've rediscovered this thread & a few solutions nonetheless.*)

If that's the case, your IP's been blocked by GoS -- if you've never been there to have done anything to have gotten banned, then it is most likely that your IP was blocked as a spam bot. Since you say you can't access anything of GoS to message them there, you could always try PMing one of their mods over here or at MTS, to see if indeed it is just a matter of bots ruining it for the rest of us. Either Nymphy or liegenschonheit or Aikea Guinea runs GoS (I forget which does what now), and if I recall correctly, the first two have MTS profiles, and I think Aikea has (had?) a chatbox on ClubCrimsyn (or some other means of contact). I can't recall if any have/had profiles here; sorry.

Alternately, Ephemera's Vampire Skin in question (THIS is the skin you mean, yes?) is uploaded at the Sims 2 Graveyard, as is much of/most everything else from the now-defunct E-Studio (link here). Just a heads up though, that skin *IS* a default replacement for Vampires, not a standard custom skin. In the Ephemera/teru_k/GA-LAXY thread on GOS, however, it was discovered there is a non-default edition, as well as non-defaults of the entire FMW series (I'm about to hit the sack, so I'll be able to host/post images on the morrow, and possible upload files/folders if need be). At any rate, I do hope this helps some.

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE
BEIN' A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT TO BE
DO WHAT YE WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: