Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:44:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Denied access to simpacks!!  (Read 2114 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alipei

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:02 am »

I've just re-installed M&G and have restored from back up all my CC.  When I tried to re-install things like lots, floors and walls that are in simpack files I get a denied access box.  I've been re-installing from back up for years and have never had this problem.  I am using a new M&G disk that includes Pets and Family Fun.  I only installed FF and M&G.  I even tried a fresh download of one of the lots to see what would happen and I'm still denied access.  In all the years that I've been Simming, I've never had this problem.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:19:34 am »

Have you tried to install them with the Clean Installer?
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Usually bypasses any default installer bugginess, and also lets you sort out things you don't want to install.

Can you play the game fine? Or are there troubles there, too?

(also remember to update hacks or mods you have to M&G or in certain cases AL/M&G - M&G is considered an EP by the game, so it's very important if you don't have AL. It won't do anything for installing and such, but if you do it before playing, you won't get in trouble afterward - it's just one of those easy to forget things when installing new expansion packs).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
alipei

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:31:32 am »

I already had M&G but had to get a new disk because the old one was so scratched.  I bought a combo pack that included Pets, FF and M&G.  I only installed FF and M&G.  I've never used clean installer and don't know how to use it.  I just tried to download the net thing from microsoft and it said it conflicted with a version I already had.  Clean installer says I need the net thing in order for it to run.  Do you know of a good tutorial for clean installer?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:45:59 am »

In the link, click on the "quick start guide" to the left.

If you already have the net thing, then you probably don't need to download it again.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: