Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:23:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two sims missing , last seen climbing into airport van  (Read 3157 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mookie

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:54:48 pm »

The bad news is I have two missing sims , the good news is I think there are only three or four ways left for me to mess up my game before I finish off that milestone.

The scenario: I sent two sims on vacation , upon returning to their home neighborhood I decided to have them purchase a vacation home. I saved , went to Twikki island, saw that there was only one beachlot home available. I moved that one into the lots and houses bin, so I would have a backup of it before any remodeling was done. I placed another copy of that lot into the exact place it was initially. I made a few minor changes, saved , and returned to Pleasantview. I had my sims purchase the beach lot as a vacation home. I checked and saw the deed in the inventory. I had them call to go on vacation, I selected their vacation home as their place to stay , as it was now listed in the options. The shuttle showed up and they departed. Somewhere in there I saw a note on the side stating that one of the sims was now "stack object 1" I believe, not good. Cry

Twikki Island loaded, their vacation home loaded, but no sims. It was in the buy/build stage , where one can make changes when no sims are present. Uh oh, they have been abducted! I reloaded Twikki, saw that their was an icon of a spinning bed over their home and attempted to enter it again. Same results. I went back to Pleasantview, tried to select their home there, a message said that they were vacationing at Twikki, blah , blah, did I want to play them there , I said yes. Anyway, same results in Twikki, missing in Pleasantview as well. Put in an all points bulletin for two missing sims, a very attractive young lady and her somewhat shady male companion. Cheesy

I went to another lot in Pleasantview, used Inge's teleporter cat to summon the two missing sims, they showed up. I used moveObjects on to delete them , as I have done in the past , and hoped they would appear by a mailbox in Pleasantview, Twikki or Timbuktu as I really didn't care at that point. No luck, still AWOL. huh

The only idea I have left is to go back to their friendly neighbors, summon them again and have them move into that house. Then , if I can, bulldoze the lot in Pleasantview they resided in and sell their vacation home in Twikki, if the game allows me to do any/all of those things. If I can get away with that, I don't mind moving them out again and starting over.

So, what did I do wrong in the first place to create this fiasco, and what should I do in the future to avoid the same mishap(s)? Second question, anything inherently wrong in my plan to "rescue" them , and does anyone have any other ideas if that fails? Additional info, I can't operate a butter knife, much less SimPe, so no hope there. I really appreciate any help, ridicule, better you than me's or suggestions! Thanks in advance!
SilverFox

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

This is an old post but I have exactly the same problem except I can still find my Sims and play them but have to do it in around about way, says they are on vacation !!!
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »

I'd forgot all about that joyous event. I think I did what I last mentioned , move them in with neighbors and then back out. If I can recall anything else I'll edit and add.  huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: