Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 10:59:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to..  (Read 2541 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:56:04 am »

recolor the plumbob over top of sims heads? I've wondered this for a while. I would want a pink pb for females, and a blue one for males. If this mod is possible or has already been made, please do share the link. Thanks in advance everyone.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:55:18 am »

It's possible to make it invisible (you can alsu use the cheat "plumbbobtoggle"), and also change the shape, but I do think it's one color for all...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:44:10 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »

Ambular from MATY converted the Sims 2 plumbobs into Sims 3 plumbobs successfully, but how it was done, I wasn't sure. So I think it is possible to recolor the plumbobs.

You could look around for information on how to recolor the plumbobs on Google.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:30:53 pm »

I am pretty sure you can find it in SimPE in the object workshop. *Checks*
It is under 'unknown'.
But to actually make it different, it would have to be a  defaults, and it would be the same color for all sims, rather than one color for females, and one color for males.
So you could recolor it to make it, oh say, purple for all sims. But not gender appropriate.
To make a default, click 'Open' and go to Computer > Program files > EA games > The sims 2 > Sims3D > Objects006 and scroll until you find plumbob.
Extract those files, then click 'New' on SimPE, and add those extracted textures. Then recolor, and save to your downloads folder.

----
Edit
I have tested my own theory, and it does not look like you can recolor it normally. The TS3 to TS2 was a mesh and material def edit, not a recolor.
So it looks like you can make them shinier, etc, but not different colors.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:12:54 pm by jinxismycat » Logged

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

I've seen it in different shapes, and I think the mat def resource has some kind of color setting (or a texture file hidden somewhere in the game files). Not entirely sure, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: