Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:59:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice? My game crashes while making new sims  (Read 7544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:21 pm »

Hello everyone, I've been spending more time recoloring clothes instead of downloading anything to my game. However, recently when I tried to create a new sim, I got the gray screen with the red x of death my game crashed. I don't know what to do, I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall everything.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:45:16 am by Seemetron » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:37:09 pm »

Have you noticed exactly when your game crashes - like when browsing through adult male clothing, or female hair, or accessories, or when you reach a certain point in one of the cathegories? That would be a big help, as it sounds like you have some buggy custom content in your game.

To figure it out, remove all CC from your Downloads and SavedSims folders (move the folders to the desktop). Then start your game, go to CAS, and look through every single cathegory. If it doesn't crash at all, then it's buggy CC.

It could also be that you have more CC than your computer can handle. Amount of CC and computer memory/RAM would help a lot.

If it is Bodyshop that crashes, it's usually bad CC or bad cache files. Those are 2-4 files that show up in the [Documents->EAgames->The Sims 2] folder, named cigen.package, contentregistry, accessory.cache an groups.cache. They're safe to delete, and will regenerate every time you play the game or use Bodyshop. It's worth a try to delete them.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:46:26 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »

Also, if you're keeping the recolours you're making in SavedSims, Bodyshop has trouble when there are too many files in that folder.

Do as TheRaven suggests - remove all CC from Downloads and SavedSims. If Bodyshop runs fine after deleting the cache files, try putting the content you made into a fresh Downloads folder and test Bodyshop. If it crashes, you know that it's something you made that corrupted. You can then use 50/50 or add them in one by one depending on how many there are. Since there would be no other content Bodyshop should load fairly quickly and you can then quickly test which one it is that corrupted and is causing the crashing.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:47:16 am »

When I get up to the clicking the final stages of making a new sim the game crashes, but I'll try your suggestion asap.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:54:52 am »

You mean aspiration and personality points (6) or clothing (5), or accessories and makeup (4), or skin/bodyshape/name (1)? Or every time you click the OK-button?

Aspiration & personality points: Do you have hacks or mods that modify these in some way?

Or maybe you have hacks/mods or extracted camera parts or something, so it crashes every time you get to the familyscreen in CAS?

Is CAS slow in any way, or do you often have to wait (half a minute or more) for any of the cathegories to load?

Tyr first to remove CC from Downloads and SavedSims first, and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:01:51 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
vascosnts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »

My Sims once crashed because of too much CC in my projects folder,then i deleted all my folders and all was ok..
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »

I deleted tons of older useless recolors and my game seems to be in tip top shape now. Thanks everyone.
MissClarkson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 02:17:38 pm »

That happens with me too Cry I reinstall everything and, even without the downloads, my game still crashing everytime I create a new Sim...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: