Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:43:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Properly uploading outifts for others to download  (Read 2319 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:29:00 am »

I recently uploaded some files of some recolors that I did a few days ago, but I'm a bit confused if others can download them successfully. How do I know if I'm loading them in correctly and if the mesh is included? I clicked into my projects files, then afterwards I clicked on "Package" , was that correct ?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:29:12 am »

The file you need to upload will be in SavedSims. The Projects folder is used by Bodyshop to create the final package you need to upload. The file in there is not the final product.

So: you make the retexture, you import it back into Bodyshop, then you go to SavedSims and hopefully rename it to something clear (like labelling it with what it is and your name so people can readily identify it). You then upload this package or you can zip or rar it and upload that. If hte creator of the mesh allows the uploading of their meshes, you can include that in the zip or rar (you need to find it yourself, it does not magically get attached to the retexture). If they don't allow reuploading of their meshes, you need to provide a link in your post to where people can download the mesh. If it's a pay mesh, the rules on this site say that you need to include a booty link when linking to a pay mesh.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:57 am »

Just an added note about pay items: You need to include a link to the original pay item and a booty link. Also, I can't stress enough how important it is for you to double check TOU. If you're not sure about an item, just err on the side of caution and link to where it can be found instead of including it. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Seemetron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »

Hello and thanks Engram, I think in my case considering the recolor is over a recolor the best I can do is put up a link to the mesh itself. Thank you too Caffeinated. Joy.

Can you tell me if this is what you meant Engram ? http://www.mediafire.com/?nb63dhbzecaijed
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:03:37 pm by Seemetron » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06:38:24 pm »

I have no idea what that is so I'm not going to download it. If it's a picture, please make it appear on the site or make it clear that it is an image file by including the filename. I'm not in the habit of grabbing mystery files.

What I meant is that you go to the SavedSims folder and not to the Projects folder. I can't tell where a file came from just by looking at it, if that is what you linked. It's up to you to go to the correct folder and upload the correct file. You can also safely rename it so that it's not called abcd1234_recolour1 but something that will make sense to the person who downloads it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: