Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:33:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scanning Programs Installed? HELP?! Please?!  (Read 4337 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cutiesimsthree

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:23:03 pm »

So I am having a problem in my game where it is scanning all of the sims 2 packages, and stuff packages and base packages installed. It does this on all lots, custom and non custom. It chooses a random item, custom content or not for the picture and it happens randomly. I cannot figure out how to fix it. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried deleting the items in the pictures, but that does not work, as it chooses whatever random item is in the room. Here is a picture.

Thank you so much in advance <3

- Addie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:59 pm »

It's obviously some kind of mod causing this, so have you tried to delete it?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
cutiesimsthree

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:03 pm »

I cannot figure out what is causing it. I have tried deleting the item in the picture. Figuring that that could be causing it, but then it just chooses another random item. I cannot figure out which is causing it there for I do not know which to delete.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:56:26 pm »

On my brother's game, the Maxis sinks do this when you mouse-over them.
Not sure what is causing it either. Possibly a mod that came with a lot/download/etc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:04:18 pm by jinxismycat » Logged

cutiesimsthree

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

If you find out can you please let me know? This is very very annoying and takes up too much of the screen!
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 02:04:26 pm »

You could try the 50/50 method. Start by moving your downloads folder to the desktop, then see if the game stops doing that.
Then separate your downloads folder in half, to see which half has the mod in it. Then you can slowly test things until you find it. If you have a lot of mods, it can be a pain in the butt, but it is one of the best ways to do it.

cutiesimsthree

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:44 pm »

K Smiley Just exited the game. I am going to try that method now Smiley
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »

Okay, hope it helps. :]

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 02:44:45 pm »

The best way to do problem solving of downloads is to use folders to sort everything in. One for hacks, one for defaults, one for newly downloaded items (for test run before moving to appropriate folder), and so on (one for clothes, one for hairs, one for sims, one for furniture, by creator, or whatever system you like...). Makes everything more organized, and it's much easier to do problem solving on your own. If you think a hack is making troubles, you only have to check the hacks folder, or if some bits of clothing is messing things up, you only need to test the clothing folder, or if something you've recently downloaded is likely to be the culprit, you can remove the "new items" folder and see if that helps.

Pictures and/or links might be a good idea to keep together with the downloads too, as when you've got over 50 folders you'll never remember what is what or where you found it.

Just don't end up doing what I did my first time around - 10 000 + files all mashed up in the Downloads folder with no system at all. Let's just say I gave up sorting them when my game started misbehaving...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

Take a look at Nobody7382's mods.  He tends to put developer type packages in with his mods which if you don't follow the install instructions will be installed causing these types of messages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: