Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:49:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mangaka career [UPDATED]  (Read 10422 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:37:47 pm »

Due to many requests, I changed some of the levels. Thank you, gcybill, for the suggestions on the last three levels.

Never in my life did I think that I would use a manga to help me make something for sims! But it looks like it happened.
A mangaka is a person who writes manga. There are also many, many other people that help them, like editors and such.

Career is EP compatible.
Job icon:

1. Observer
As an observer, your job is to watch the real mangaka do their jobs. If you take your notes, then maybe you can become a mangaka some day!
M, T, W, Th, F - §115 - 9:00-15:00 (9am-3pm)

2. Gofer
Your job is to run around and get whatever your boss wants you to! So be prepared for whatever he may throw at you, because the job is tougher than it sounds!
M, T, W, Th, F - §228 - 7:00-15:00 (7am-3pm)

3. Coffee bringer
Now your job is to bring coffee to your co-workers. Although it may seem like a demotion, this job is very important! Your co-worker's well being depends on it!
M, T, W, Th, F - §287 - 9:00-15:00 (9am-3pm)

4. Secretary
Your job is to take calls and such for your boss. It is a bit of a stretch from your last job, but keep at it, and you may get a promotion soon!
M, T, W, Th, F - §385 - 8:00-15:00 (8am-3pm)

5. Editor
You've proven yourself worthy in the world of manga editors. You just need to earn a bit more trust, and you'll be on your way in no time!
M, T, W, Th, F - §475 - 8:00-15:00 (8am-3pm)

6. Head editor
Now you are at the top of your game. But being an editor just isn't good enough! You want to get your hands on some real manga!
M, T, W, Th, F - §668 - 8:00-15:00 (8am-3pm)

7. Proposal manager
Your job is to sell your mangaka's manga to a publisher. The job is much tougher than it sounds. Hang in there!
M, T, W, Th, F - §874 - 8:00-15:00 (8am-3pm)

8. Beginner Author
As a beginner, you haven't quite gotten the hang of this whole writing thing: But keep at it, and some day you could be a famous author!
M, T, W, Th, F - §1168 - 8:00-15:00 (8am-3pm)

9. Rising Author
Your name is starting to get out there, and you are really getting the hang of writing manga! Just a little more work, and you could be at the top of it all!
M, T, W, Th, F - §1460 - 9:00-17:00 (9am-5pm)

10. World-known successful mangaka
Now you are a professional! You get to spend your time writing all the manga you please! Just be sure to meet your deadlines, or there may be trouble.
M, T, W, F, Sa - §2350 - 7:00-17:00 (7am-5pm)

Lvl 3:
$Me was bringing coffee to his co-workers, like he does every day, when he realized that he forgot one of the editor's coffee. $Me doesn't want to go to get more, but doesn't want to upset anyone. $Me good try to be polite, and give the editor his coffee, he he could just forget about it.
Give coffee | Don't

A GOOD
$Me decides to give the editor his coffee. The editor thanks $Me many times. $Me gains one charisma point for being kind to his co-worker.

A BAD
$Me decides to give the editor his coffee. It turns out that he does not like coffee. He becomes very angry with $Me, and dumps the coffee on him! $Me loses one charisma point.

B GOOD
$Me decides not to worry about it. Later he finds out that the co-worker doesn't even like coffee, so it was a good thing he didn't bring him any!

B BAD
$Me decides not to worry about it. The editor gets upset with $Me. He explains that he doesn't like coffee, but it was the thought that counts! $Me loses one charisma point.

Lvl 6:
$Me is hard at work, when he looks at his calender and sees that today is the author's deadline! $Me hasn't heard from her in a while, so he decides to call her. Upon his call, he finds out that she is far from done with the pages! $Me feels the urge to scold her, but doesn't want to be too harsh. Should he scold her, or let it slide this time?
Scold her | Let it slide

A GOOD
$Me knows that his job is to make sure the author gets her work done on time. He scolds her for taking too long. The author apologizes many times, and promises it will not happen again. $Me gains one charisma point for his skills.

A BAD
$Me knows that his job is to make sure the author gets her work done on time. He scolds her for taking too long. The author decides to drop the manga all together. $Me gets fired for causing the author to drop the manga.

B GOOD
$Me knows it is his job to make sure the author gets done on time, but he decides to let it slide. The author thanks him, and gets back to her manga. $Me gains one charisma point.

B BAD
$Me knows it is his job to make sure the author gets done on time, but decides to let it slide. When the leader of sales team finds out, he has $Me's pay docked!

Lvl 9:
Today $Me made the terrible discovery that his deadline is tomorrow! $Me isn't finished with his manga pages yet, but wants to meet his deadline. He could hurry through the rest of it, even though that may make it look sloppy and unprofessional, or he could take his time and not worry about the deadline.
Hurry | Don't hurry

A GOOD
$Me decides to rush through his last manga pages. Much to his surprise, the pages still turned out good! $Me gains one creativity point for his skills.

A BAD
$Me decides to rush through his last manga pages. The pages end up looking horrible, and $Me gets demoted to Beginner Author for his lack of skill and effort.

B GOOD
$Me decides to take his time, because after all, no one ever meets their deadline! $Me gets done just two days after his deadline, but gains one creativity point for his skills.

B BAD
$Me decides to take his time, because after all, no one ever meets their deadline! $Me ends up taking a week longer than he should have, and gets demoted to Beginner Author for not meeting his deadline!

Credits
References on career:
Mangaka article on Wikipedia
Sekaiichi Hatsuko (manga)
Anime eye provided by Draw manga

* mangakajob2.jpg (39.17 KB, 600x232 - viewed 72251 times.)
* MangakaCareer.rar (14.2 KB - downloaded 899 times.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:50:24 pm by Dullahan » Logged

gcybill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:08 am »

Great idea.

Somehow its title for the Top position looks less fascinating. It should be like.. World-known Mangaka or else  Rock

Maybe you could consider some adjustment on your career path for example to put:

8. Beginner Author
9. Rising Author
10. World-known Successful Mangaka
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:44:56 am »

Great idea.

Somehow its title for the Top position looks less fascinating. It should be like.. World-known Mangaka or else  Rock

Maybe you could consider some adjustment on your career path for example to put:

8. Beginner Author
9. Rising Author
10. World-known Successful Mangaka

Ah, sounds like a good idea!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: