Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 05:01:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF Bob And Betty Newbie  (Read 3209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
annieover

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:23:21 am »

Good morning,
I am trying to Resurrect Bob Newbie, Betty Newbie, And Skip Broke, however I am having great difficulty in accomplishing this. I have Brandi Broke at Level 5 of the paranormal career, I have called the Grim Reaper, I have used the Tombstone Of L&D to no avail. I cannot find Bob and Betty's Graves in the neighborhood. I cannot use Dustin to call the Grim Reaper because he says, "Next time you call, I'll be paying you a visit......."

Any other suggestions, and/or resolutions to my problem would be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you,
annieover
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:48:34 am »

The problem is that their character files are incomplete-and to resurrect them would be to put useless files into the game, and possibly corrupt it.
The only way really to get these back into the game is to download characters that have been completely extracted from the game and made 'whole'.
There is a website that does have some houses with the original sims  in them: unfortunately, not Skip Broke or his family.

http://genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/neighbourhoodsS1.htm

It should be noticed that some of the houses do require certain expansions, such as Seasons and Pets.

annieover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 06:59:44 am »

Good Morning,
Thank you for replying so quickly!:) Much appreciated!:)

I did read somewhere earlier this morning that the Insiminator had some kind of hack/mod to resurrect any sim? I am only on one cup of coffee so bear with me...lol!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 01:36:12 pm »

If you have Uni, yes you can resurrect sims-but only those that have complete character files-because otherwise they will not resurrect at all-all you will get is a message that "So and So died on another lot, and will be returning to that lot."
IE: "Don't bother with this..it doesn't work."

To be technical-if you have SimPE, and you look up the various dead characters, you will find some only have a few kb of information in their files. That means they're not going to be playable no matter what any hack can or cannot do. They're inaccessible, their memories are incomplete and putting them into the game will undoubtedly break it, should they be put into it.
Skip Broke is a notorious 'broken character file' case, and the only thing I can recommend is search various forums for a restructured file that has all the information necessary for the game to recognize it as a playable.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:58:25 pm »

The best is to extract them with SimPE, and then clone them in Bodyshop (packaging them might be an idea too, so you have a backup, but it's not neccessary), before deleting the extracted files (do NOT play the game with the extracted files still in your Downloads or Savedsims folder). That way you make clean character files, and there's no chance of corrupting anything.

No memories or such will be intact, and you'll have to create a new family in CAS, but that's much better than corrupting your game by not knowing what you do, or thinking you know what to do.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
annieover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

The best is to extract them with SimPE, and then clone them in Bodyshop (packaging them might be an idea too, so you have a backup, but it's not neccessary), before deleting the extracted files (do NOT play the game with the extracted files still in your Downloads or Savedsims folder). That way you make clean character files, and there's no chance of corrupting anything.

No memories or such will be intact, and you'll have to create a new family in CAS, but that's much better than corrupting your game by not knowing what you do, or thinking you know what to do.

If you have a tutorial you can send my way on how to do this; I would be estatic:) I changed information, coding and memories on Skip Broke, and was able to put him back in the game:) However Bob and Betty Newbie seem to be doing my head in....... lol!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: