Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:42:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Update  (Read 2960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dec12741

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:00:06 pm »

I go to Play Sims 3 Generations and there is an update i go to update the Game and i get Update ERROR:Invalid File found,every time i try to update the game i get the same Message what is going on huh
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »

Did you move your mods folder before you updated the game? If not move it to your desktop and try updating again.

Sims by Dasi:

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »

I finely got the game to update i had to install Orion and that made Game to update
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »

I think you mean origin? That's the new EA download/manager/store title. Wish I could have gotten to you first—lots of folks got that invalid file message, including me. I asked about the mods to rule that out as I was installing Town Life myself. Turns out there are some who need incremental versions of the patch, which EA didn't bother to let on.  Their solution to everyone was download the new EADM aka Origin.  I had the issue myself when I installed the new SP which, as it turns out, only incrementally updated my game to version 1.23.65 so I needed the patch that updated 1.23.6 to 1.24.3.

For anyone else who might have this problem go to: Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and check your (sku) version file. Then you can be sure to apply the correct patch without the EADM.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: