Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:06:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I deleted my sims while they were at their resteraunt?! PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4190 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rumbecome

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:17 pm »

I was playing with them at their restaurant, then I told them to leave and my male sim wouldn't stop doing the whistling to kick everyone out thing, so I just deleted him and his wife thinking they would re-appear but they won't! PLEASE HELP! I don't know what to do, and they have 3 kids at home still. I cannot access their home, and at their restaurant its just in build mode. I can't bare deleting their current home, or risk losing any of these sims. What can  I do to get them back?!

I was thinking of having the parents move in with a friend, move out, then I move them back into their home but Im worried the plumbomb will sitll be offcolor and claim they are at their business lot or that I wont be able to move them in cause their kids there are merely children. Please help, what do I do?!
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:59:04 am »

Use Simpe to localize where they are in the game. You can either continue to use Simpe and put them back to their original home, or check if they are not having data problems. If they don't, you can use teleporters (try Inge's) to summon them to their house and move them in. If they are totally messed up, it is much better that you create another sim in CAS, move him in the household, make the messed up parents to adopt the new household member, so he become big brother to the kids that are alone and care for them. Afterwards, kill the parents. You can try all the available objects and tools to correct messed up folks (JM has some, Inge has some, others must have some). Do not delete playables when they are not home, unpredictable things can happen. A normal residential lot include several invisible objects that are active and you don't even know where they are located. A house is more than a home, it is the meeting point for a lot of EA's objects without meshes. Try first to go to their original household and use any tool that have the option to recover the household back (the insiminator has it, other tools must also have something).
If you have to go to the option to kill the missing sims, move all the survivors to the family bin and start fresh in a new house, bulldoze the old one. In fact you should periodically move your sims to non-played houses and delete the old ones. Houses become a real trash bin in the course of the game. If you have favourite houses, keep a copy in a separated empty hood, or pack them for eventualities.  Next time you get in troubles in a commlot, leave without saving. It is much better than deal with the consequences.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:33 am »

You can pack an occupied house safely, which is described here. If you install the lot file it will still keep references to any CC in it, so placing the lot file will keep things intact.

Then you can try to move out the family and move them back in, or in worst case make safe copies of them with SimPE/Bodyshop (toddler to elder). Family relations and memories won't be kept, but it's better than bugging up your game.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:15:01 am »

Uh! Thanks Theraven for your link. I was only curious but from the list by that link, I found another link to someone named Maxwell that made self something that I was afraid to try though I was sure to be possible. It has nothing to do with the present case but it also about deletion. I was sure that this game could be reduced in size enough to fit probably whole crap in two DVDs. Thanks bunches. Ignore this post of mine Rumbecome, it deals on veeeery dangerous crap. I wanted only thank Theraven for the link.  Wink
thetigerking

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 04:43:10 am »

I'm a little late to the thread, but another option would be to temporarily move someone else into the house from neighborhood view with the combine household option or whatever it's called, play the lot and use a teleporter to summon them back if they don't just arrive on their own after a moment or two. May need to use a cheat object to add them to move them in again if they teleport in as unselectable.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 06:38:36 am »

Is it possible to make changes from hood view, when the residents are out in a business lot? Isn't it like when they are on hollidays that the house is greyed until they come back? What are you really meaning? They disappeared after you Came Back from their restaurant? Or they disappeared while you were still there? 1) If they disappeared after you came back, you have simply to use a teleporter and summon them back to their house. 2) If they disappeared while you were at their restaurant, there must be someone left there otherwise the game self would reverse back to their home. It is this that happens when you go to hollidays and leave the lot without saving anything. Everything reverts back to the main hood. In this case it is much simpler. If you delete a sim on a business lot, it is the same as sending them back home, they won't come back because they are home. I think the whole thing is a bit confused.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 12:16:34 pm »

Temp add a sim. Using Insimanator restore Family then move added sim out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: