Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:03:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with The Sims 2?  (Read 6945 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sweetviper

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:58:00 pm »

I can't seed to figure what is causing my problem with The Sims 2, & the problem is when I load a home with sims on that lot, I got the error about object error on a mod I download & its MultiAlarm that I download from the Mod The Sims 2's website. Also I do the same kind of errors about sims names when visiting any lot, so please help?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:18:38 am »

It sounds like a mod conflict or a problem with a mod made for an EP you don't have (which I can't be certain of, since you didn't list your EPs/SPs.

Take out any mods/hacks you have and see if your game runs OK. If so, one of them is the problem and you'll have to run through the slow process of testing them until you find the culprit.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:56 am »

It sounds like a mod conflict or a problem with a mod made for an EP you don't have (which I can't be certain of, since you didn't list your EPs/SPs.

Take out any mods/hacks you have and see if your game runs OK. If so, one of them is the problem and you'll have to run through the slow process of testing them until you find the culprit.

oh I forgot about telling you that I have all EPS & SPS installed with latest patch install. I will test that & let you know.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 01:00:27 am »

If you get an error on a particular object, then remove that object, or you'll only get more trouble.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:25 am »

If you get an error on a particular object, then remove that object, or you'll only get more trouble.

well it was the MuiltAlarm so when the error message came up I click on reset & it solve so far except now my The Sims 2 is getting slow & not sure why maybe my mods are to much that are 147 Files, 50 folders like for example it feels like its slow on the FPS.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 05:27:35 am »

Error message: are  you playing with testingcheatsenabled  on?  If so, turn it off!

Downloads: That's not a lot of downloads.  You can try moving (not deleting) your downloads to a safe place.  If that doesn't speed it up, it's not your downloads!

Slowness: It's possible your computer as a whole is slowing down and it's showing up in the game first.  Try doing a ScanDisk and Defrag.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 06:02:36 am »

Turning off debug mode just hides the errors but does not stop them actually happening. Better to fix the actual problem than put a blanket on it and pretend like it's not in the room.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:01:37 pm »

True, but there are a few Maxis objects (and more poorly made downloads) that throw errors for no good reason.  Odds are, the Sim will still "jump" to indicate the errors even with debug off.

To the OP: do  you have a log file you could post?

Rose/Miros
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:46 pm »

Error message: are  you playing with testingcheatsenabled  on?  If so, turn it off!

Downloads: That's not a lot of downloads.  You can try moving (not deleting) your downloads to a safe place.  If that doesn't speed it up, it's not your downloads!

Slowness: It's possible your computer as a whole is slowing down and it's showing up in the game first.  Try doing a ScanDisk and Defrag.

well the testingcheatsenabled is turn off & I didn't get the error. As for my download not being a lot, ok I did move the mods to save place & it didn't speed it up at all so its my PC. Also for the slowness for the game, yes I try Defrag it & same thing as before but the game does load up faster & respond a bit better, but it seems to be the case where the slowness depends on which lot I load to play because I try a lot with 2 sims with a a dog on not huge home & the FPS was around 20FPS to 30FPS, but when I load lot with 8sims  & home that I built to big the FPS was around 10FPS to 15FPS.
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:12 pm »

True, but there are a few Maxis objects (and more poorly made downloads) that throw errors for no good reason.  Odds are, the Sim will still "jump" to indicate the errors even with debug off.

To the OP: do  you have a log file you could post?

well for the log file not really because I do have log file that could you what kind of hardware I have & which global, device & options are turn on or off.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 12:27:01 am »

What they mean is the error log file, from when you had debug mode turned on so you were actually seeing the errors rather than hiding them.

You can find the error logs in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs. They will be called something like ObjectError_N002_t2552.txt. Look for the newest ones. Attach the file(s) to your post, DO NOT post the contents of the file in a post.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 02:33:09 am »

Don't forget to run Hack Conflict Detector to see if you have two mods using the same bhav. I don't know this Multialarm, but if there's something to do with the burglar, I suggest you think twice to use it. The burglar bhavs affect much more things than you think. If it is, what are you trying to do, to avoid the burglar? or just be informed that he is on the lot? Everytime you use the option "reset" to correct a mistake, it throws a log in the Logs folder. To turn the testcheat off is a good thing because sometimes you know that the mod is not the best in the world, but it does what you want to do and it is just a temporary solution until you find a better way to do it. To turn it on, will just make your game practically unplayable because it stops the game for Everything, even the smallest thing that can be even insignificant. Some errors do no make your game unplayable, the normal course of the game causes problem because we always want that it does What We Want. It is simple, otherwise no one would mod it. The slow down of your game can have been caused even by a command that your sim cannot respond. You know the game is composed of automatic commands that are send to the sims all the time. It can be : Send a wolf, or Send a Stray, or Make this or that, and you have a mod that doesn't allow this. So the game will continue sending the command over and over again until it is satisfied. And will do this until there's no more memory available and your game freeze or crash. You have to find what is causing it and find a new solution. Maybe your game is trying to send a burglar, it is a math calculation that is on the background full time.
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 08:43:42 am »

Don't forget to run Hack Conflict Detector to see if you have two mods using the same bhav. I don't know this Multialarm, but if there's something to do with the burglar, I suggest you think twice to use it. The burglar bhavs affect much more things than you think. If it is, what are you trying to do, to avoid the burglar? or just be informed that he is on the lot? Everytime you use the option "reset" to correct a mistake, it throws a log in the Logs folder. To turn the testcheat off is a good thing because sometimes you know that the mod is not the best in the world, but it does what you want to do and it is just a temporary solution until you find a better way to do it. To turn it on, will just make your game practically unplayable because it stops the game for Everything, even the smallest thing that can be even insignificant. Some errors do no make your game unplayable, the normal course of the game causes problem because we always want that it does What We Want. It is simple, otherwise no one would mod it. The slow down of your game can have been caused even by a command that your sim cannot respond. You know the game is composed of automatic commands that are send to the sims all the time. It can be : Send a wolf, or Send a Stray, or Make this or that, and you have a mod that doesn't allow this. So the game will continue sending the command over and over again until it is satisfied. And will do this until there's no more memory available and your game freeze or crash. You have to find what is causing it and find a new solution. Maybe your game is trying to send a burglar, it is a math calculation that is on the background full time.

well the MuiltAlarm is from this link:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=85481

Well I download the Hack Conflict Detection Utility & it found 1 possible conflicts detected, & there are a Mod known as SleepNakedEP8 it seems have a possible conflict with the Crammboy CBoy Nudlist mod so what should I do for this?
Also I did delete the Crammboy CBoy Nudlist mod, & going to test The Sims 2 & let you know the results. So the results are so far its fine in turn of average size home are fine but huge home its bit slow.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:23:29 am by sweetviper » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »

Yes, bigger lots are slower than smaller lots, usually because they've got more stuff on them.   You can either play smaller lots,  figure out which stuff makes a bad situation worse (like the Energizer) or learn to ignore the slowness.

Rose/Miros
sweetviper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »

Yes, bigger lots are slower than smaller lots, usually because they've got more stuff on them.   You can either play smaller lots,  figure out which stuff makes a bad situation worse (like the Energizer) or learn to ignore the slowness.

ok thanks for the advice & for the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: