Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:45:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop does not stay alive!  (Read 11008 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dropship

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:31:47 am »

I have searched through and read a number of threads in regards to bodyshop crashing, and have tried these:
- Clearing the Downloads folder
- Clearing the .cache files, most of the other files don't exist
- Creating the SavedSims folder
- Attempts to start each version of bodyshop, none of them return errors
- Rebooting

In detail, attempts to summon bodyshop usually results in it coming to the process window then instantly blinking out of existence. I have recently purchased and installed Sims 2: Double Deluxe. However the vague "problem solved" in many of the threads throws a wrench to my confidence that this problem may yet be solved.

Thanks in advance, I shall patiently await replies...
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:17:06 pm »

Does  your game run?
Have you used SimSurgery to extract any Sims from  your game?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:41:47 pm »

I'm having the same exact problem, and my game runs perfectly fine... I'm not sure what causes this... :/

Find me on moonlight <3
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »

Remove custom content then add 50 back in at a time starting Bodyshop each time! when it stops working your bad filr is in the last 50 you installed from there you can do 10 of those 50!!!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 04:44:32 am »

If you have DD, as well as checking My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2, you also need to check My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Double Delux.  Stupid but true!

If  you have very many downloads, you might be better served with a full fledged Binary Divide and Conquer instead of the 50 at a time method.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Dropship

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:43 pm »

Sorry for the late reply, though, bodyshop even when there was no custom content. Sims 2 DD works fine however.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:48:43 pm »

I heard Legacy Bodyshop is the best one out there...

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:37 pm »

Sometimes, it can take a while for bodyshop to open after you've deleted the various .cache files. Have you tried opening it and leaving it alone to load for a while?

Also, have you tried deleting the cigen.package  and content registry files (if present)? All the cache files (in case you didn't know) are groups.cache, cigen.package, content registry and accessory.cache

Another possibility. If you have ever made any clothing/hair/accessory/etc recolours, then the contents of your projects folder can cause issue. Those are no longer needed once they've been imported into the game, so clearing that out can help a great deal.

Something else I've just thought of: it could something in your saved sims folder, so if the above doesn't work, try pulling the Saved Sims folder out. If this does the trick, then you have a bad sim.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
bobby T.H.
Banned

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:56:18 pm »

Bodyshop creates an error "log" after crashing ,,that prevents it from starting the next time around ,,until that specific file is deleted!
(this is no regular error log and  cannot be read with notepad++ as the extension would suggest)

Unfortunately ,I have not use bodyshops in some months and i cant recall the name of this file...
I'm 90% certain that the files should be located in the same folder as the .cache ...
I also (sort-off) recall that the name bodyshops was in the file name as well ..
If you list me all the files that are in there i would recognize the name .

I have had this happening dozens of time over several years as a creator.

Going on Sabbatical for an Undetermined period !
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 02:57:41 am »

Bodyshop sections produces besides the two files with extention "cache", a file named cigen, that is unuseful and can also be deleted and a sort of register file. In the total BS produces 4 unuseful files that in fact should be deleted. I don't know the purpose because it doesn't make the tool faster or more reliable, more to the contrary.
Normally the game logs are also unuseful for someone that cannot read them. A trick that can help is to make a copy of the log file that you cannot read to another place (desktop for example) and change its extention to .txt and open it in notepad. If there's any readable text inside the file, notepad will read it even if very trunked.
Dropship

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:46:48 pm »

Sometimes, it can take a while for bodyshop to open after you've deleted the various .cache files. Have you tried opening it and leaving it alone to load for a while?

Also, have you tried deleting the cigen.package  and content registry files (if present)? All the cache files (in case you didn't know) are groups.cache, cigen.package, content registry and accessory.cache

Another possibility. If you have ever made any clothing/hair/accessory/etc recolours, then the contents of your projects folder can cause issue. Those are no longer needed once they've been imported into the game, so clearing that out can help a great deal.

Something else I've just thought of: it could something in your saved sims folder, so if the above doesn't work, try pulling the Saved Sims folder out. If this does the trick, then you have a bad sim.

Caches files are always kill on sight, having read many other posts about it. I have no saved sims, and have cleared out custom content. No luck at all. On the other hand, the program starts and blinks out of existence in my processes list! So I highly doubt waiting for it to come alive would work.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:15:02 am »

Are you using the right version of Bodyshop? I mean, did you replace it by the version that comes with your last EP? Did you install any EP in other order than the release ones? Did it work before? If so, when did you notice the faillure? Did you install anything that can override system files? Does everything look right in CAS? (for example, does any of the thumbnails in CAS look like a child without hair, or a nude body where should be a dress or a hair?) Is anything behaving weird when you play the game, that could be related to a corrupted file? Did you verify if your shortcuts (the one you have in the desktop or quick launch) is pointing to the right folder? (the version inside your last EP).
Dropship

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:24 am »

After getting and installing some new expansions, bodyshop finally stayed long enough to show itself: It's crashing now, error log below.
http://pastebin.com/hrRD2aTG

[EDIT:]
.cache files are deleted, and custom content removal still results in a crash.

@XPTL297: I'm pretty sure I'm using the version that came with the newest EP.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:39:47 am by Dropship » Logged
bobby T.H.
Banned

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 09:09:10 am »

The cigen.package contain all the thumbnails that are created on the fly ,when you are using Bodyshop ,,,
it's the other files with name bodyshop registry that you MUST get rid of.

IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE BODYSHOP AGAIN ! DELETE THE FILES CONTAINING THE NAME ""BODYSHOP ~ REGISTRY" or what ever its call !

problem solve.

ps:If don't know me and never eared of BobbyTH aka BobbyTheHacker, then don't listen to me! I'm only trying to help here.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:15:15 am by bobby T.H. » Logged

Going on Sabbatical for an Undetermined period !
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 09:31:52 am »

Have you tried to delete the thumbnail files in the  "C:\Users\_USER_\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails" folder?

(Might be a different path if you're using Win7, XP or some other system, but it's the Thumbnails folder in the same place you find the Downloads folder)

These files don't go borked as quick as the others, but if everything else fails, it could be worth a try. Just be aware that all thumbnails will have to refresh themselves, and crashing can occur if you put in a load of CC right after this, because of high memory use as the files are recreated.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: