Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:05:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers Would Be Appreciated, please  (Read 11034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:22:41 pm »

Then there comes along a situation you have NO control over. Okay, so maybe SEVERAL at ONCE!!!

One I will discuss:

Two weeks ago my nephew was doing something called "Car Surfing" where the kid 'rides the wave' atop a moving Car!!!!

Josh lost the 'game' and fell off the car top, hit his head severely, and has been in the hospital ever since.  That first night found us all around the waiting room, hoping we wouldn't lose our boy.  All our kids basically grew up together, hanging out and playing together. So we've got some close kids here.

Now each of them is hoping that we won't lose one of them.

The back of his skull was crushed, but other than that it's kind of confusing to keep up with.  I can't afford to be at the hospital every day, live out of town and have to depend on their updates. But the gist of it is that after having been in NICU for almost two weeks, he's been moved to a rehabilitation center. I guess that's for therapy so his body doesn't go all spagetti like.

UPDATE: JOSH IS AWAKE!!!!
He woke up last Sunday, and has been talking (albeit a bit haltingly, but he answers you), laughing, and he can see you!  We are so happy!
Still need the prayers, however. When my sis told him what had happened to him, he was rather 'down' and unhappy with the way he's so limited right now.  We need the prayers to keep his spirits up sohe can get thru the therapy now!
Thanks so much!

There have been a lot of prayer requests, and many people all over have been lending us theirs. We appreciate this so much.

Um, this means I will have to hold off doing sims for a while. My heart is a bit taken at the moment. I'm so sorry, Guys.

Thank You,
Skye
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:11:18 pm by Skye » Logged

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
AlbaManrique

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:35:45 pm »

Nothing to be sorry for, dear Skye... Hold on and be strong, our prayers will go to support you and your family...

Best wishes, and hope everything's gonna be alright for you and Josh.
Alba.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »

I'm really sorry to hear about all of that happening, Skye.   Cry  It's scary the things people think up for thrills, and the thought of someone close suffering from the dreadful consequences of those thrills is even scarier.  I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers that he'll pull through.  

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:13:27 pm »

Skye, I've been in your shoes, having had a friend who did the same effing thing some twenty some years ago. Thank God medicine has come much further than it was then, though. I'll be keeping the kid in my thoughts and hoping for a better outcome. Just so you know, though, hood surfing is NOT NEW. I did it back then but something kept me on the hood of that car. Guardian angel, fear or just dumb luck, but I was one of the lucky ones who didn't fall off. I'm hoping the situation for your loved one comes out better than it did in most of the cases back then, positive thoughts going your way. Take the time you need.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 05:20:43 pm »

Sending good thoughts!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »

Take your time, Skye. My dear, there is absolutely no reason to apologize for putting your family first.

My thoughts go to you and your family. Take care of yourself.  Hug4

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:24 am »

Skye, there are simply no adequate words, you and yours are in our prayers.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 06:03:54 am »

I'll be praying for your nephew to recover and for your family's strength.

Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 11:39:56 am »

Thanks so much for all your kind words, and thank you for all the prayers going in his direction.

He actually HAS surprised the doctors a couple of times. He should have died that sunday, and the following tuesday. At 15, he even had a stroke! He is moving around, and he's breathing on his own, they just have him hooked up so in case he gets too tired to breathe it's there to help him.

My son, the younger one, told me that HE had tried the car surfing as well. He is all broke up about it too.  Paden, honey, I'm so glad that your guardian angel was looking out for you-what would we all do without you?

I think we all do stupid stuff in our youth, don't we?  Something like we think we're indestructible at that age. We find out differently, some of us.

Thanks again, everyone!
Much Love <3
Skye

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:18 am »

At that age, we DO think we're indestructible because we believe we're too young to die. That notion goes right out the window when it happens, though, and they wise up to the fact that each and every hour we have has not been promised to us, we earn it through being careful with the gift we were given when we were conceived. It just takes some folks longer. I was in my early twenties when I did it, Matt was just eighteen and had graduated two months before the accident happened. Still keeping you and yours in my thoughts! And Skye, NEVER apologize for taking the time to get through real life instead of this thing called the internet. IT will wait; real life WON'T.

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 06:02:44 pm »

Skye my heart goes out to you and you family and he will be in my Prayers,take all the time you need Skye this boy is more important to you and your family and Friends
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 12:27:57 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/groups/232216463481211/
Is the site on facebook for Josh.   Also, my sister made a site Just for him.  It has updates and a place for his pals to see his progress!  www.helpjoshuab.webs.com  if you happen to be interested. 

This is a real problem. There are kids who are bored to tears, and want some thrills.  Car Surfing. BAH! Dont try this at home, kids. You'll make your mamas and your other family sooooo sad!

Thanks so much for your prayers and your love you've all been great!!!!

Much Love,
Skye

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 02:18:15 am »

If they want thrills and chills, they can do a belly flop off of a high dive... Knock the wind out of ya and you'll have a pink belly for hours, promise ya that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: